1 2 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 8:37 AM by Jim_Simon

Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

mystickid Level 1

I'm int the need for getting a larger and better monitor. Right now I'm using an HP 25" 1080p  computer monitor with a contrast ration of 60,000:1

I was thinking about buying a large TV to use as a monitor via HDMI for PP/AE editing videos.  Is this practical? Issues?  Color rendition?

Sharp Aquos Quattron LED TV:

• 40-inch 3D HDTV display with full HD 1080p
      • X-Gen LCD panel with UltraBrilliant LED
      • AQUOS Quattron 3DTV technology produces a bright 3D experience
      • Quad Pixel processing enables enhanced range of colors and detail
      • Built in Wireless with Netflix, Vudu, Cinema Now and more
      • 240Hz Aquomotion
      • 4 HDMI Ports
      • One-year warranty
      • Dimensions: 37″x23″x1.6″; 29.8 pounds

Thoughts appreciated.

• 1. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
          Jim_Simon Level 8

As long as your graphics card has an HDMI out, I don't know of any reason this won't work.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
            JFPhoton Level 3

.......I do it all the time with an HDMI connection..........it shows immediately what your work will look like on an actual TV. However, looking constantly at a huge screen and then switching to view a much smaller monitor to see the timeline will  make your head explode!  The TV works well for review purposes.

• 3. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
              ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

Nvidia's current driver control panel allows you to set the HDMI out as either RGB or YUV output. This means you can use a LCD TV for good accurate color monitoring out the HDMI on the system. I completely agree with Jim.

Eric

ADK

• 4. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                jamesp2 Level 1

Eric,

So you're saying that if the GTX card can deliver full-resolution HDMI playback, there's no reason to use a third-party HD card, for program monitoring and color correction?

• 5. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

Yes the GTX card would be fine with the HDMI output. The most you may have to do is calibrate the TV to what you are working with.

Eric

ADK

• 6. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                    jamesp2 Level 1

Does anyone know for a fact that the HDMI output on (for example) a 670 or 680  does in fact deliver reliable playback -- no stuttering, no dropped frames, correct audio sync?  Or is it more likely to be the same quality as seen in the program monitor via DVI?

• 7. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

Yes I know this for a fact. The HDMI standard actually has more features than SDI. The Realtime playback has been confirmed better just using a Geforce card by many here. What do you think is different between an I/O card and the HDMI output on video card? Firmware decides any differences in the display output and HDMI is standardized.

Eric

ADK

• 8. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                        Alex - DV411 Level 2

Does anyone know for a fact that the HDMI output on (for example) a 670 or 680  does in fact deliver reliable playback -- no stuttering, no dropped frames, correct audio sync?  Or is it more likely to be the same quality as seen in the program monitor via DVI?

It probably does deliver reliable playback however the color accuracy is not the same as with a dedicated video I/O card like BMD Decklink or AJA Kona.  The main reason is YUV to RGB conversion that the signal has to go through (and then sometimes back to YUV when transported over HDMI to the TV).  This conversion is not necessarily lossless or even color accurate.

Besides that conversion, there are multiple steps between your video and the monitor, when output via graphics card: OS color profiles, application processing (Premiere Pro - is its video output color accurate?), graphics card processing, and possibly, input processing in the TV.  Calibration may or may not help, and in some cases (10-bit color) - can't, because most "non-pro" graphics cards can't output 10-bit color.

When you output via a dedicated video I/O card, intermediate steps and conversions are much fewer, and it's usually WYSIWYG, color-wise, as long as your monitor is calibrated.

HTH.

• 9. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                          Alex - DV411 Level 2

Sharp Aquos Quattron LED TV:

• X-Gen LCD panel with UltraBrilliant LED

If you are not all that interested in color accuracy, this might work.  If you are, then watch out: LED backlight in TVs and most monitors does not uniformly cover the color spectrum (has blind spots), i.e. your colors are unlikely to be accurate.  Check out Guy Holt's post in this thread on Cinematography.com.

For color accuracy, and if we don't touch broadcast monitors, it's usually an S-IPS type LCD monitor like Dell U2410, although HP's new zr2740w is LED-backlit, is an IPS monitor, and people say good things about its color accuracy.

• 10. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                            Jim_Simon Level 8

Guys, he's not asking for full screen playback via HDMI.  He's asking to replace his computer monitor with an HDTV.  He'd see the full GUI.

• 11. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                              mystickid Level 1

Exactly Jim!   However, I am interested in color accuracy as color correction is a big part of my post production workflow. Additionallly I would also like to have playback at DSLR footage resolution in my Premiere pro CS6  source and program monitor.

How come a 40" 1080p is more cheaper than much smaller sized, Industry standard color monitors for computers?  Whats the best color monitor for videography work; I mean if I start hunting for a good, Large (i.e 36"-40") 1080p monitor, what should I look for? Btw, I'm new to monitors specs for post-production work?

Will  an LED TV as a Computer monitor and full screen playback via HDMI, really give me poor results?

• 12. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                Alex - DV411 Level 2

How come a 40" 1080p is more cheaper than much smaller sized, Industry standard color monitors for computers?

They are not.

Whats the best color monitor for videography work; I mean if I start hunting for a good, Large (i.e 36"-40") 1080p monitor, what should I look for?

Opinions vary - but what I said above about IPS monitors is the general consensus among pros.

TV-size monitors are only usually used for client reviews.  There are calibrated broadcast TV-size panels, and they're quite a few more $$ vs. consumer TVs.

If you don't have clients sitting and watching your editing, why do you need (want) a giant monitor?

Will  an LED TV as a Computer monitor and full screen playback via HDMI, really give me poor results?

Nobody can answer that for you, because only you know your priorities.  It might work just wonderfully if color accuracy is not important to you - see my response above.

The only things I can say are: here are the benefits, here are disadvantages, here is what your peers are using and agreeing on, and now the choice is up to you.

HTH.

• 13. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

Actually the New NVidia driver allows you to output either YUV or RGB via the HDMI so the conversion is not required. The Color Accuracy is fine if you calibrate the TV and also load ICC profiles from Windows Control panel. You do not require an I/O card anymore for color accurate preview.

The Benefit S-IPS monitors give is simply color range available for Display. However most of the SIPS monitors will only handle RGB and wont handle YUV. If you just require RGB Preview then that is fine. If you require YUV preview then you would want the HDTV.

As a side not, HDMi 1.4 standard supports 10bit color as HDMi 1.3 did. However the support is via Direct X instead of OpenGL. So the API is what decides if you can get 10bit color out of what connectivity.

Eric

ADK

• 14. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                    Jim_Simon Level 8

However, I am interested in color accuracy as color correction is a big part of my post production workflow.

For that part you'd need a separate display, with some way to get the signal to it accurately.  You never use Premiere Pro's built-in monitors for this.

• 15. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                      Jim_Simon Level 8

Additionallly I would also like to have playback at DSLR footage resolution in my Premiere pro CS6  source and program monitor.

You won't be able to get that.  To show your footage at full resolution, you'd need a display that can show two 1920 x 1080 windows, plus still have room for the rest of the interface.  No one makes a (practical) display at such resolutions.  You're stuck viewing the Source and Program Monitors at less than full res.

• 16. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                        mystickid Level 1

Thanks Jim. I usually just press the tilda (~) key in PP for full screen playback with the video setting at "full scale resulotion 1:1".

Is that not "true" 1080p resolution?  Thats why I'm interested in  a Huge 40" display which would provide ample room for both the source/program monitor in PP with the added ability for (Tilda) full screen playback. 

• 18. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                          mystickid Level 1

Harm, I'm looking for a larger monitor not Monster-sized .

I may be missing the point here, but to sum up...in order for me to view playback at full DSLR resolution, I need not one, but rather two 1080 displays...one for the interface and one dedicated solely to full screen playback in PP?

• 19. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                            JFPhoton Level 3

....you keep saying ," full DSLR resolution". The DSLR camera will only use 1920x1080 of its many ( more than 18 megapixels ) for the highest video setting available.....that means using only 2 megapixels to produce the 1920x1080 image.

Using two displays,  display one can have the interface, with both the source and program in it ,as usual....and the other can be a full screen monitor.

That second display will show full screen whatever you push the play button on....if you press play on the source footage,THAT automatically  appears full screen on the 2nd display.....if you push play to see what's on the timeline shown on the program monitor window, THAT automatically appears full screen on the 2nd display. In addition, by pressing the tilde key, ( ~ ), while the source monitor is highlighted, it will enlarge that window to almost full screen on the first display.

I hope this info helps.

So in summation.....you could, for example, take a laptop that has a large 17.3" screen on it and connect it to an external monitor,or HDTV, with an HDMI cable. Then,

your program appears on the laptop screen,as usual, and the external device becomes a full screen monitor for whatever you are playing back....source OR program. Of course, you have to manually select the external device under "playback settings" in PPro. Also, you would have to have set up "multiple monitors" first  with your graphics setting , before opening PPpro.

Finally, YES , with a desktop PC, you WOULD need two displays.......using only one display allows only for using the tilde key to enlarge whatever window you are looking at, and it is NOT full screen...just bigger.

• 20. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                              mystickid Level 1

Yep, that clarifies it. Thank you JFPhoton.

• 21. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                Jim_Simon Level 8

in order for me to view playback at full DSLR resolution, I need not one, but rather two 1080 displays

Sort of.  You'd need one for the interface, which would show the Monitor windows at less than full resolution.  You could hit CTRL + ~ in CS6 to get full screen display, no GUI.  But for CC work, you would want that second monitor and a Blackmagic or AJA card.

• 22. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                  JFPhoton Level 3

...thx Jim....I'm still using 5.03......this new feature in CS 6 sounds great!

• 23. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                    Alex - DV411 Level 2

Actually the New NVidia driver allows you to output either YUV or RGB via the HDMI so the conversion is not required.

Eric, can you confirm that the signal will stay YUV all the way from the video file to GeForce output?  (The intermediate steps are: Pr reads the file, grabs a frame, hands it to the graphics driver, which then pushes it out to the monitor. Are you 100% sure the signal isn't converted to RGB in any of these steps?  If so, got sources?)

You do not require an I/O card anymore for color accurate preview.

That's a pretty strong statement that conflicts the little I know about video color accuracy (animation, stills are different beasts - they're usually RGB to begin with).  Would you have an independent confirmation of that please?  Like, a professional magazine announcing with a splash about the new era in color correction and grading?

However most of the SIPS monitors will only handle RGB and wont handle YUV.

You probably mean not every IPS monitor has a YUV-compatible input, which is true.

As a side not, HDMi 1.4 standard supports 10bit color as HDMi 1.3 did.

Moot point for GeForce cards due to lack of 10-bit support on them?

However the support is via Direct X instead of OpenGL. So the API is what decides if you can get 10bit color out of what connectivity.

Source please.  According to NEC's Understanding 10-bit Color, 10-bit is supported in OpenGL.  It's another issue that the OS, application and the graphics card need to, as well.

• 24. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

Yes I have tested the YUV and RGB output out of the HDMI on the video card and yes the YUV output is not converted. Now the codecs and color space used along with how the Application draws out will have an effect on that.. However once again I have tested this with many clients and the YUV preview is exactly the same as their DVD preview from their deck. I am sure there are many editors here that will confirm that.

Yes I can confirm that. Look up Colorimeters and what they do. I suggest you start here:

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1454

Do you honestly think that publication and still editors could edit on Computer LCD's if they could not accurately calibrate them? I dont talk to many that use an I/O device for that.

The YUV capability of the LCD has to due to what panel they use and what they program the firmware to do. Samsung often has 2 lines for many of their Monitors. One uses a standard RGB panel used by standard computer monitors and another uses a panel that is used in LCD TV's which will handle both. That is an example of when the YUV support is added to the firmware. Keep in mind hardware devices/ie gear like TV's and Decks have the ability to convert RGB to YUV if that is what they do or vice versa. So I can send a YUV signal to a RGB device but if that RGB device does not have output color tables for YUV then it will process that signal to RGB.

Geforce Cards Support 10 bit. However they only support 10 bit via Direct X and not OpenGL. If an application is written with a Direct X API then you can absolutely have 10 bit color output. Adobe uses Open GL for their API so geforce cards dont output 10 bit. I was just correcting an incorrect statement that Geforce cards cannot output 10bit. BTW Geforce cards can actually output 12bit because the Deep Color standard includes up to 16 bit. This limitation is sctrictly due to the application and not the cards.

The Source on that was a confirmation post by an Nvidia Rep right here in the Adobe Forums. You might also want to read up on Deep Color here:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-670/specifications

"5 - Support for HDMI including GPU accelerated Blu-ray 3D support (Blu-ray 3D playback requires the purchase of a compatible software player from CyberLink, ArcSoft, Corel, or Sonic), x.v.Color, HDMI Deep Color, and 7.1 digital surround sound will be added in a Release 260 driver. Upgrade your GPU to full 3D capability with NVIDIA 3DTV Play software, enabling 3D gaming, picture viewing and 3D web video streaming. See www.nvidia.com/3dtv for more details."

http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/faq.aspx

"Deep Color: HDMI 1.3 supports 10-bit, 12-bit and 16-bit (RGB or YCbCr) color depths, up from the 8-bit depths in previous versions of the HDMI specification, for stunning rendering of over one billion colors in unprecedented detail"

Hope that helps.

Eric

ADK

• 25. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                        Jim_Simon Level 8

Geforce Cards Support 10 bit.

Through VGA or DVI though?  It was my understanding that only the Quadro cards would do that.

• 26. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

Geforce Cards support 10bit only via HDMI since that is part of the current HDMi standard. Quadro cards only support 10bit via Displayport since that is part of the Displayport standard. The drivers for the cards decide whether they support 10bit with Open GL applications or Direct X applications.

Eric
                                                          ADK

• 27. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                            Alex - DV411 Level 2

Yes I have tested the YUV and RGB output out of the HDMI on the video card and yes the YUV output is not converted. Now the codecs and color space used along with how the Application draws out will have an effect on that.. However once again I have tested this with many clients and the YUV preview is exactly the same as their DVD preview from their deck. I am sure there are many editors here that will confirm that.

My question was about color-accurate output in Premiere.  Does the above mean no YUV-RGB conversion in Pr? If not why does this matter here?

Do you honestly think that publication and still editors could edit on Computer LCD's if they could not accurately calibrate them?

You must have missed these words in my (fairly short) post:

"That's a pretty strong statement that conflicts the little I know about video color accuracy (animation, stills are different beasts - they're usually RGB to begin with)."

Bottom line: how does GeForce' support of HDMI's DeepColor via DirectX matter in a discussion of color accurate output in Premiere Pro?

Please let's stay on topic.

• 28. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                              Alex - DV411 Level 2

Geforce Cards support 10bit only via HDMI since that is part of the current HDMi standard. Quadro cards only support 10bit via Displayport since that is part of the Displayport standard.

The first statement only applies to very specific cases (Blu-Ray output) and in no way applies to anything remotely related to editing or color accuracy, because no application where color accuracy is critical (AE, PS, SG, etc.) supports this feature of GeForce cards, and may never support it due to a multitude of reasons.

Bottom line, DeepColor support is deeply irrelevant to this discussion.

Quadro cards' 10-bit support via DP, on the other hand, is.

• 29. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

1: The poster asked if they could get color accurate preview via HDMI and you questioned it. That made it absolutely relevant to the thread. Your mincing words here since there is no response.

2: Really this should be obvious. The technology to calibrate a media preview device is the same whether it's RGB or YUV or any other colorspace. This honestly is the most miss understood part of the industry. Editors and even technical support people think that there is some special science applied to gear that allow them to handle these colorspaces or conversions. The answer is no there is not. All of this is firmware programming and the R&D for the firmware is done on computers. This means they can duplicate any conversion algorithms, color space processing with applications and drivers. So if the Still editors can calibrate their PC monitors for RGB Print color space, then they can also calibrate them for other ICC Profile standards. Once again go read about Colorimeters.

3: The 10bit support was no longer a moot point because a general statement was they could not support 10bit color. I was clarifying that that general statement is incorrect and yes they can. I was also clarifying when they could support 10bit color right now and why Quadro's do with some applications and Geforce cards dont. Your comments on Applications in the industry not ever using Direct X are once again false. 3DSMax has moved over to Direct X. AutoCad has also switched to DirectX. Since those 2 are the primary applications in their respective industries, you will likely start seeing other applications switching to Direct X as well especially since GPU acceleration is expanding in the market.

Eric

ADK

• 30. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                                  Alex - DV411 Level 2

The posted asked that in reference to Adobe apps, to which the answer is, no 10-bit color with GeForce cards and even bringing up DeepColor support was spreading FUD.

The question remains whether Pr or AE can output YUV through a graphics card without conversion.  As far as I know - no, which also makes your statement, "no video I/O card needed" - at the very least, highly questionable, not to mention, rather strange given that every video post house has a video I/O card on every editing system that needs color monitoring.  Makes me wonder who your customers are.  Yet another point is frame rates - no display monitor can do 24fps through UI.  Video I/O cards do that all day long.

• 31. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                                    Jim_Simon Level 8

Quadro cards only support 10bit via Displayport

You sure?  Not VGA?  Not DVI?  I mean, outside of Mac users, who the hell uses DisplayPort?

• 32. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

If you call explaining to people why and when some technology is applied and that it is possible Fud then yes. Why this is such an issue with you I have no idea. Deal with it.

I stated above the Codec and application have a factor on whether there is conversion. However once again this can be completely handled accurately by the Video driver. Ask Adobe if you want to know if Adobe hands the drawing off to the video driver or it draws out the frames and then the video driver converts. Either way editors can completely accurately preview YUV via HDMI and do so now without the precious I/O cards. The Premise that started this was it could not be done. That is simply incorrect.

Maybe the video post house required the ability to ingest/capture material. However maybe they were sold something they did not require. Hmm wonder if that happens allot and why? Maybe they required SDI connectivity to a Pro Monitor? Why not ask all the Houses who use Dell Ultrasharp monitors why they dont use I/O cards or Pro Monitors.  You can reference some of the clients from the Clients list on the Page. Maybe you might want to convince them what they see on HDTV's is completely inaccurate. Let me know how that goes.

You might want to double check your facts on current video cards and 1080P24 support via HDMI. They absolutely can do it and the answer is a HDTV which is what we are talking about here in the first place.

Eric
                                                                      ADK

• 33. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                                        Alex - DV411 Level 2

Quadro cards only support 10bit via Displayport

You sure?  Not VGA?  Not DVI?  I mean, outside of Mac users, who the hell uses DisplayPort?

VGA is analog to begin with and while you could conceivably come up with a 10-bit D/A and then the monitor would make it back into 10-bit color, it probably never happened.

Dual-link DVI does have the capability of carrying 10-bit color - whether it does on a specific card depends on the driver, I think.

I use DP wherever I can - the most robust, professional connector.  I believe, it's also the most promising of all display signal and connectivity technologies.

• 34. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                                          Alex - DV411 Level 2

You might want to double check your facts on current video cards and 1080P24 support via HDMI. They absolutely can do it and the answer is a HDTV which is what we are talking about here in the first place.

Which display monitor (and graphics card) can do accurate 24fps (and it's varieties, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24) preview through UI (User Interface)?

• 35. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                                            Alex - DV411 Level 2

Ask Adobe if you want to know if Adobe hands the drawing off to the video driver or it draws out the frames and then the video driver converts.

In other words, you don't know if any of Adobe CS apps can output YUV to the display monitor without conversion?

Yet you keep saying the graphics card preview of video in Premiere Pro is color-accurate?

This is simply false.

• 36. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

Yes I am sure about displayport and the specification and I have yet to see any 10bit DVI specification. If you also look at the 10bit monitors they all require you to connect via displayport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

Eric

ADK

• 37. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

HDTV - http://store.sony.com/p/KDL-46Z4100/B/en/p/KDL46Z4100/B#specifications

Notice the 24P support

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

DVI is limited to the RGB color space. HDMI supports RGB, but also supports YCbCr 4:4:4 and YCbCr 4:2:2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

RGB (unspecified) and YCbCr (ITU-R BT.601-5 and BT.709-4) color spaces, 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 chroma subsampling 

• sRGB, Adobe RGB 1998, DCI-P3, RGB XR, scRGB, xvYCC, Y-only, Simple Color Profile (version 1.2) [17]

So even though every part of the specification states HDMI can output YUV and the Nvidia control panel gives that option to set, it's still completely false that it cannot be accurately previewed via HDMI? The only argument presented is somehow conversion makes it impossible to be previewed accurately if that is even going on? So if you cant convert colorspaces accurately then how can you convert frame rates accurately? How can you convert frame size/resolution accurately? How can you convert Progressive to Interlaced accurately? How are hardware units like the Decks and TV's able to convert colorspace and Progressive versus Interlaced? The argument makes absolutely no sense and just saying it cant be done or is false proves nothing.

BTW as a side note, If you cannot accurately convert colorspace then how are ICC Profiles, LUT, and Color calibration even possible? Once again please read about Colorimeters.

Eric

ADK

• 38. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)
                                                                                  Alex - DV411 Level 2

Eric, you didn't answer the question and failed to support your statement that there is 24p support in UI - again.

Would be awesome, for the sake of a pointed and productive discussion, to not steer away from it.

The question is, again:

"Which display monitor (and graphics card) can do accurate 24fps (and it's varieties, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24) preview through UI (User Interface)?"

If none, that's be sufficient, thank you, as it's enough of a reason for a video I/O card for video monitoring.

• 39. Re: Would a Large LED TV work well as a computer monitor?  (PP/AE Editing)

I did answer the question regarding 24P support and the HDTV. I linked 1 Sony Example to show the support. Mincing words to talk about 24P frame support with the workspace/UI changes nothing. We are talking about Full screen preview support of 24P via HDMI and Display device ie TV. You might want to read up on Independent displays as well.

Eric

ADK

1 2 Previous Next