5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 11:02 PM by D3S user

is there a fix for OMF not working

ronvan1

I am fairly new to CS6 Premier Pro and just cannot get it to export OMF. I went the route of sending to audition, and after loading a fix there (it crashed halfway through the omf process) it did create omf's or so it seemed. There was no media in the resultant omf but the tracks and names were all there. Straight omf from PP simply does not work. Is there a fix for this?

• 1. Re: is there a fix for OMF not working
          ronvan1 Level 1

I think this may help - found it after much thought and frustration. Both PP and Audition do export OMF, and one can find it's OMF file in the place you put it, BUT also you have to point to the saved and copied media files which are called something totally unrelated to your original track names - long numbers, then .aif. These files are not in the same place as your omf, but found under a newly created folder called audio files. The your audio programme may or may not put the old names back. This is a hugely time consuming, inaccurate and frustrating way of doing it, hate to harp on it but with FCP it was so simple....

• 2. Re: is there a fix for OMF not working
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Try using the Encapsulate option instead of Separate Files.

• 3. Re: is there a fix for OMF not working
              D3S user Level 1

Hi Jim, related issue for me.

Older version CS5. (I did not want to upgrade during project on advice of other editors).

The OMF export files stall, (many threads about that already). On camera audio (HDslr's) as bumpers with banter, then 48k masterd tracks from CD release.

Is my best bet to export as FCP XML, find a friend with FCP7 and have them ingest (then export) OMFs for me?

Deadline, and mastering session booked for today was put off  until I can deliver OMF's to the session. Last night I assumed sending out OMF would be simple, having not used that before.

Turned out poorly it seems.

Any thoughts, from the savant realm?

Thanks!

Rob

• 4. Re: is there a fix for OMF not working
                Jim_Simon Level 8

This is tough as I no longer have 5.0 installed.  On CS6, it just works.

You may want to install the trial and give it a go.  Opening the project will ask you to save with a new name, so the original project will still be there if things go south.

• 5. Re: is there a fix for OMF not working
                  D3S user Level 1

Thanks!

Jim, so far have it working now, used Clip, Audio, render and replace, (Copied to a seperate tab, time line) I'm exporting both trimmed and full encapsulated, in case we need bits (applause etc.) for sweetening.

Thanks very much for taking time to guide.

Lewis would be nowhere without Clark, but, without the native folks, including Ms. Sacajawea,  they might still be camped on the Illinois side of the Colombia Basin (confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri).

RM