5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2012 9:18 AM by JustHater

Quetion about PDF portolio.

JustHater Level 1

Hello!

As you can know, at Adobe Acrobat there is such option as PDF portfolio. Absolutely special document has signs like a Flash, but this uses PDF compression. But working in InDesign, and making interactive portfolio, i can,t save this in PDF. Sure, i can to use SWF, but it is interesting as it is possible to save in PDF.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Quetion about PDF portolio.
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is there a question here?

I have a strong feeling that Flash is being deprecated at Adobe. Their main attention is on HTML5 and CSS. Here are some symptoms: (1) Adobe no longer includes Flash on mobile devices. (2) The new Acrobat XI was released today 10/15/12. Flash will no longer be built in. You have to have Flash installed on your device to be able to view the fancy Flash part of a PDF portfolio (without Flash, it's just a collection of files). (3) You never see mention of SWF export from Adobe these days.

Just an observation.

• 2. Re: Quetion about PDF portolio.
            JustHater Level 1

Sorry for my mistake...And you haven't understood me..

OK.. Im making the same "interactive" portfolio http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12825708/designerkz/portfolio.pdf  and plus various effect like a Fader behind pages and etc. But if i save this in PDF i will recieve alot of page, and lost interactivty. Sure, i can save this in SWF but this format not clear for those who will recieve it.

Can i to save this in PDF on ONE page like "PDF Portfolio" in Acrobat. Understand?

And.. oher question:

How it is possible to paste Flash animation (or how it's called?) in the PDF Protfolio into PDF files? And can i do that in Indesign?

I hope in this time clearly?

• 3. Re: Quetion about PDF portolio.
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't believe you can do either of those things in a PDF file. A lot of people would like SWF-like features in PDF but the format is older, and is now controlled by an ISO committee. I've heard stirrings of a PDF-2 format in development, but have no idea what it may hold.

• 4. Re: Quetion about PDF portolio.
                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Me either, but if I had to bet, I’d say anything to do with Flash won’t be among them.

Bob

• 5. Re: Quetion about PDF portolio.
                  JustHater Level 1

Ok Steve! Then how they could do that in "PDF Portfolio"? Besides five theme PDF Portfolio I see some custom theme for it from users Acrobat, and had wanted to do theme for me too. These presintation as seemed to me better then SWF or clear PDF.