2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2012 11:58 AM by Triple_GGG1959

ADE not recognizing E-tablet, any suggestions?

Triple_GGG1959

I have a Pandigital Star, I connect it to the computer via the usb and ADE does not recongize my tablet. I also downloaded an ebook to the ADE and it does not show it the library. I have uninstalled and tried the same procedure again with the same results. Any suggestions? Thanks

• 1. Re: ADE not recognizing E-tablet, any suggestions?
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Let's play the sequence and see if that helps.

First - register the Star with Pandigital.  Using your Adobe ID to do this

helps a lot.  If you've registered it already - but didn't use your Adobe

ID, let's move on - we can try to fix that later.

Next, plug in your Star to your computer.  Watch the screen to see that the

Pandigital tells you it's connected and ready.

Then, bring up ADE.  ADE should see the Star, and it should show up on the

bookshelf on the left side of Library view.  The Star also should tell you

it's interacting with ADE.

If this doesn't work, ADE is not the problem, so don't mess around with the

software.  What could be preventing interaction is the registration ID you

used with the Star.  With ADE running, and the Star connected, try pressing

the key combination CTLSHIFTD, if you're a Windows guy, or CMDSHIFTD if

you're on a Mac.  This should deauthorize the Star.  DE then should ask you

to authorize it, and you can enter your Digital Editions ID.  That should

kick it off.

If that's not working, try doing a reset on the Star to factory spec's.

==============

• 2. Re: ADE not recognizing E-tablet, any suggestions?
            Triple_GGG1959 Level 1

Thank you, I will try.

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:56:04 -0600

To: gregga999@msn.com

Subject: ADE not recognizing E-tablet, any suggestions?

Re: ADE not recognizing E-tablet, any suggestions?

created by Frustrated in AZ in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Let's play the sequence and see if that helps. First - register the Star with Pandigital.  Using your Adobe ID to do thishelps a lot.  If you've registered it already - but didn't use your AdobeID, let's move on - we can try to fix that later. Next, plug in your Star to your computer.  Watch the screen to see that thePandigital tells you it's connected and ready. Then, bring up ADE.  ADE should see the Star, and it should show up on thebookshelf on the left side of Library view.  The Star also should tell youit's interacting with ADE. If this doesn't work, ADE is not the problem, so don't mess around with thesoftware.  What could be preventing interaction is the registration ID youused with the Star.  With ADE running, and the Star connected, try pressingthe key combination CTLSHIFTD, if you're a Windows guy, or CMDSHIFTD ifyou're on a Mac.  This should deauthorize the Star.  DE then should ask youto authorize it, and you can enter your Digital Editions ID.  That shouldkick it off. If that's not working, try doing a reset on the Star to factory spec's. ==============

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4775720#4775720

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4775720#4775720

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4775720#4775720. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.