• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag while recording with voice

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Captivate fine to record my software demos. However, in the last couple recordings, there is a huge lag between the voice recording and the screenshots. For instance, the actions I am talking about on slide 50, are showing the screen shot from what should be 10 minutes later.

This is different than the lag that happens while viewing the presentation, because in this case the actually sound file is attached to the completely wrong slide in the timeline.

Further, when I am done my demo and click the button to stop recording, it will cut off the last 5 minutes of my presentation, where the audio is running behind the screenshots, and just completely wipes out this audio segment.

Because of this lag, I have to manually re-stitch together the audio segments, match them with the appropriate screenshots, and rerecord the last few minutes of audio. This is ridiculous. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is you Captivate version and Operating System?

So, you are doing the demo recording? Does it split the slide correctly but only the audio gets misaligned with respect to slides? Or does it not split slided baed on event occuring while recording?

What are you capturing any Web Based application?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Captivate 5.5, on Windows 7.

Yes, it is a demo recording, with narration.

The slides are still being captured correctly. The audio is getting broken up prematurely. Let me try to draw this out. Imagine this was my narration for an action sequence:

Click on Open, you will see a dialogue appear, click on Ok, click on Yes.

The slides are showing the correct images, with a new slide showing at every X:

Click on Open, X you will see a dialogue appear, click on Ok, X click on Yes. X

However, the audio, even though I know it is recorded before the click, is breaking across slides like this, with the ending cut off:

Click on X Open, you will see a X dialogue appear, click X on Ok, X...

Does this better explain what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me with this? I have another recording session scheduled for Friday...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test with a new project and use same settings, before recording, make sure you caliberate the audio and check if your recording device caliberates with Captivate fine or not?

Does the problem occurs in output or the audio gets split from timeline as well?

If the problem persists,

Also, try to rename the folder --

On Vista/Win7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Captivate [version number]

Recreate a sample project and test again?

See if this works.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I calibrated the audio, and renamed the folder, and the problem is still happening. The audio gets split right on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone else is having this same problem, here is the best solution I found.

Do the recording as normal (screen capture and narration). As the first step in your editing, go to Audio -> Edit -> Project. From here, add some silence at the end and push all your slide breaks forward into the correct positions. Annoying, and you still have to worry about the end of the audio being cut off, but this is the best solution I have found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources