1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 1:28 AM by lomorgan

My created extension built in extension builder 1.5, when installed in inDesign CS6, shows nothing

sal_iqkhn Level 1

Hi

Hope everyone is enjoying work.

I created my own extension in CS extension builder 1.5 for inDesign. It runs fine in debug mode with indesign CS5 and CS5.5 but when I tried to run this extension in debug mode with indesign CS6, the extension shows nothing in it. All UI components like input fields, buttons, texts etc are not shown. It stops me debugging the application. 

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks and best regards.

Sal

• 1. Re: My created extension built in extension builder 1.5, when installed in inDesign CS6, shows nothing
          lomorgan Adobe Employee

Are you now using Extension Builder 2.0, or still 1.5?

If you're still using 1.5 then have you set PlayerDebugMode for CSXS 3? Normally CSXS will prevent extensions that are unsigned or have invalid signatures from loading for security reasons. Setting PlayerDebugMode turns that protection mechanism off, and allows the loading of unsigned extensions. Extension Builder 1.5 will automatically turn on PlayerDebugMode for CS5/5.5 (CSXS 2.0/2.5), but not for CS6 (CSXS 3.0), which was released after Extension Builder 1.5. You can turn on PlayerDebugMode manually though:

• On Windows: Add a PlayerDebugMode registry key with value 1 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS.3\
          • On Mac: Set the PlayerDebugMode key to 1 in the plist file at ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS3.plist

Let me know if that solves the issue.

Best wishes,

--Louis