6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2012 11:51 AM by Harm Millaard

running a Cintique....

Neal Reiland Level 1

If add a Cintique to my system and am already running 2 monitors.  Do I need to get an additional video card to support the Cintique?  If so, is important that that be a high end video card?  Does the second video card have to be identical to the other one in the system? or can I run a low end video card as my second choice.

Do CUDA cores or gpu's affect Cintique performance?

• 1. Re: running a Cintique....
          Harm Millaard Level 7

I fail to see the relevancy of your furniture to the video card.

See http://www.cintique.co.uk/

• 2. Re: running a Cintique....
            JEShort01 Level 4

To answer your questions, it is essential to know what video card you have presently. Also, do yo have free PCIe slots to add another card? Finally, what version of Premiere are you using?

If you have a decent video card that supports MPE for CS5/5.5/6 already, and it is not a 600 series nVidia, then you can add another nVidia card that can use the same driver as your current card to support another monitor. Generally the GTX family cards use one driver and the Quadro series uses another.

If you were thinking about getting a stronger video card already, the GTX 600 series supports more than two monitors and only take up a single PCIe slot.

Regarding do CUDA cores or gpus have anything to do with Cintique performace, no.

Regards,

Jim

• 3. Re: running a Cintique....
              Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am guessing that the OP is talking about the Wacom Cintiq. This is run off of a DisplayPort or DVI-D output from the (in this case) GTX 660, so CUDA is done on the GTX 6xx.  This particular model Cintiq 24HD is only $2600 in the US so I guess it will not be acquired initially seeing the OP's budget

• 4. Re: running a Cintique....
                cpachris_1969

JEShort01 wrote:

If you were thinking about getting a stronger video card already, the GTX 600 series supports more than two monitors and only take up a single PCIe slot.

If you know about a single slot GTX 600 card, post a link.  I don't think there are any 680's, 670's, or 660's available in single slot designs.  Some rumors...but nothing you can buy.  I think if you drop all the way down to the 650...its a single slot card, but still has a cooler that would probably block a second slot.  But I'd love to find a single slot card if they really exist. 

• 5. Re: running a Cintique....
                  Neal Reiland Level 1

I am considering either an nVidia gtx 660 or a gtx 660ti. So I can run 2 u2410's and a cintiq from a single 660 or 660ti? That would be excellent. I knew it have 4 video ports, but I thought you could only use 2 at a time.

• 6. Re: running a Cintique....
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

You can use 4 monitors at the same time with the Kepler range of cards. I only use three but it works perfectly.