5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2012 3:41 PM by Mark_Rausch

Wireless local network crashes

Old_Campos

The instant I start my local weinre server my wireless local network crashes. I've tried restarting my router and it does't work.  How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Wireless local network crashes
          Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

Hi Old_Campos,

We've never seen or heard of anything like this before, and need more details:

1. Did you follow our recently posted instructions for running your own weinre server here:http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2623 or are you following a different set of instructions?
          2. When you say your wireless network "crashes", what do you mean? How do you know it's crashed? Do you see a message or hardware indication that it's no longer running?
          3. What sort of wireless network setup do you have? Is this a home network or an office network? Is the router attached to the same computer that's running weinre?
          4. When you shutdown your weinre server, does your wireless network start working again?
          5. When you're starting weinre, are you sure you're specifiying the IP address of the local computer running weinre?
          6. Can you try starting weinre without the --boundHost <IP> parameter and see if that makes a difference? (You won't be able to access it from a device, but you should be able to verify it's running from the same machine?

Mark

• 2. Re: Wireless local network crashes
            Old_Campos Level 1

The network I have setup is a home network, running on a CISCO router connected directly to my PC. I don't receive a message. I connect my android phone to the network, and when I run weinre my phone automatically disconnects from the network.

When I shutdown weinre I still can't reconnect my mobile, I have to restart my pc and router.

I run the ipconfig and use that IP address. I can run weinre on my pc...I can see the site and everything look in order.

• 3. Re: Wireless local network crashes

What about #1 & #6?

1. Did you follow our recently posted instructions for running your own weinre server here:http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2623 or are you following a different set of instructions?

6. Can you try starting weinre without the --boundHost <IP> parameter and see if that makes a difference? (You won't be able to access it from a device, but you should be able to verify it's running from the same machine?

Also, does Edge Inspect work normally for you without Remote Inspection?

Have you tried using our default weinre server with Edge Inspect? Is there something about that that isn't working for you that you need to run your own weinre server?

• 4. Re: Wireless local network crashes
                Old_Campos Level 1

I installed weinre using node js and followed the instructions from the edge inspect faq. In my opinion those instructions weren't very clear.  I read the doc you published which seems alot more comprehensive, I try reinstalling weinre using the instructions you've provided.

I currently do most of my work offline, which is why I would like to use inspect offline using my own server.

• 5. Re: Wireless local network crashes

Yeah, the directions in the FAQ were links to instructions from the author of weinre. I hope our instructions are simpler. I've updated the FAQ, removing the old links and adding our new forums document link. Let me know how it goes.