2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2012 7:29 AM by FomTarrell

CC Particle with Shapes

FomTarrell

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Spherikal/3565597

I wish to do pretty much the same as in this video at 33 seconds to 45 seconds, except more like liquid instead of bubbles. I've come close but the circle and the particles are seperate so it doesn't look as smooth as this.

Im not sure how to customise the circle to shrink whilst continually leaking.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: CC Particle with Shapes
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Hint,hint,hint:  Just because something looks like a particle effect, doesn't mean that any real particles ever were involved. I think you're going about this the wrong way. No doubt they used C4D's metaball object for the animation, but I see nothing there that couldn't be done in Ae with CC Mr. Mercury, an animated Circle effect and Roughen Edges and Turbulent Displace. Even if under wors conditions you would have to hand-animate a couple of masks, this is at best an ahalf hour job, given the graphical "flat" nature...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CC Particle with Shapes
            FomTarrell Level 1

Thank you very much, I've just found out they used C4D, and then touch ups on AE afterwards.

Everyone is very helpful on this, I really do appreciate it thank you again.