Do you get it at the time of installation? Could you please remove the previous installation using Adobe Acrobat/Reader Cleaner tool - http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html and then try to install RXI again?
Feel free to post the updates.
Can you pls. let us know the answer to the following queries:
1. From where did you get the reader installer. From your above post I get that the installation is corrupted. " Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.". Can you pls. try getting the original installer from http://get.adobe.com/reader
2. Also I found that you have installed the application on your E:\ drive: Faulting application path: E:\progs\adobe_reader\Reader\AcroRd32.exe. Can you pls. let me know if the error comes during installation or on launch?
1) it is apparent from the content of my message that error occured after the installation, i.e. after invoking AcroRd32.exe = during launch.
2) downloaded Adobe Reader XI again, compared checksums, they're the same.
3) used Adobe Acrobat/Reader Cleaner Tool with no success
Looks like the application is crashing in module lockpdfu.dll.
This module isn't shipped with Adobe Reader. This seems to be part of a software "PDF Ownerguard" by Armjisoft.com. You may want to uninstall that software and try, or contact the vendor fo that software for a compatible version of their add-in to Reader.
Yes, application PDF Ownerguard was source of the problem.