4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2012 3:32 AM by OdiugOdiug

Which file formats does PS Touch support?

OdiugOdiug Level 1

Hello together,

i searched the whole internet to find this out but nothing and nowhere!!!!

Regards

• 1. Re: Which fileformats does Touch support?
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

There are the obviously supported ones, like JPEG, PNG and PSD (which, at this time, flattens when imported; it should be noted PS Touch only copies the imported image; it does not make changes to the original image). PSDX is PS Touch's own native format. RAW is not supported at this time. I haven't tried other file formats (yet).

• 2. Re: Which fileformats does Touch support?
            OdiugOdiug Level 1

Ok, but how and from where can i import psd? I paste on in the roll and in the touch folder but nothing is seen by touch!

The thing with the raw support is not right so i can import raws like CR2 and save in the 3 Formats you said!

Regards

• 3. Re: Which fileformats does Touch support?
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

To get newly-imported images, you might have to force a refresh. I don't know what OS you're using but in Android, I exit PS Touch and in the task list, I swipe PS Touch away and then relaunch the app.

Oddly, I don't think PS Touch works with PSD files directly if they exist on your tablet; I believe it gets them from Creative Cloud if you have any PSDs there. (I should also add: PSDs are automatically flattened when imported. It's odd, I know. This leaves the original untouched, however, as I noted before.)

I could have sworn I saw someone from Adobe claiming RAW wasn't supported yet. Maybe I misinterpreted that. (Maybe you can import; you definitely cannot save as.)

• 4. Re: Which fileformats does Touch support?
                OdiugOdiug Level 1

Yes, i can open the raw but can save as jpg only! But the fact that i can open an raw at all is great, greater were if we could save the image in full origin resolution not in 12mp only, that would make touch to take to an seriously program!

Regards