• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(none) style gets applied to numbered list & font size not matching text in my style sheet

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 9 (9.0.2.271)

Something is wrong with my style sheet, and it only started happening after I created Master Page for the first time. This happens whether or not the new Master Page is applied to a topic:  Every time I type any text in a topic, then click the Numbered List icon in the toolbar, the style goes from Normal to (none), and the font changes from my style sheet's Normal 10pt to 8pt, for the number as well as the text.

I don't see how the new Master Page has anything to do with it because it's not applied to this particular topic.  I had created a Master Page in RoboHelp HTML and applied my style sheet, then my topics to it. I have a footer in the Master Page and applied 8pt font using inline formatting (not the style sheet).

I created a new project to see what would happen. 

When I apply my style sheet, then apply the numbered list to text, the text font is correct (10pt), but the number font is wrong (8pt).

But when I apply the default style sheet to the topic, the number font and text font match.

How can I get the number and text fonts to match in my style sheet?

I found a workaround by applying inline formatting to the next (10pt) after selecting the text and clicking the numbered list icon.  Below is the html code.  The numbered steps in red are the ones that are not correct (8 pt).  The code with the correct formatting (after I applied inline formatting) is in blue.

<body>

<h1>My Overview</h1>

<p>example</p>

<ol type="1">

<li>first step</li>

<li>second step</li>

</ol>

<ol type="1">

<li style="font-size: 10pt;">Fixed by applying inline formatting to

10pt after selecting the numbered list icon</li>

<li style="font-size: 10pt;">next step</li>

</ol>

<p>&#160;</p>

<?rh-placeholder type="footer" ?>

</body>

Thanks.

Gina

Message was edited by: ginafromtampa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things changed in RoboHelp 9. When you create a list, the style defaults to None by design.

See the RoboHelp Tour on my site for more information about that change.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I've searched your RoboHelp Tour site for "list and style and default and none and rohohelp and 9" and I can't find it.  Could you point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks very much.

Gina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been stolen!

I would have sworn I covered that but I guess it must have been a forum post. With the introduction of list styles it is not necessary to also apply a paragraph style so Rh no longer does so by default. That's common in other HTML editors, Dreamweaver for example.

That does not mean you cannot superimpose a paragraph style as well. I do that all the time as it works better for my printed documents.

Does that help pending the return of my stolen instructions?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be confused as well between Flare, RoboHelp, and Confluence!  I created a numbered list style and am applying it to my lists going forward.  I'm doing this by selecting the text, then double clicking the style in the List Styles list of the Style pod.  I realize now I had been using inline formatting when I clicked the Create a Numbered List button from the Formatting toolbar.  What's strange is, (none) still displays in the Apply Style list on the Formatting toolbar, and I would expect it to show the stule of the selected text (as does the Style pod).

I wish there were a Styles report I could generate like you can with Flare.  (I'm not promoting another tool, by the way, I just wish it worked that way.)

Thanks for your help.  Calling in a day.

Gina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From memory the Style list on the toolbar only displays paragraph, heading and character styles. You can only see the style for other types of content, such as lists, in the Style pod. (I admit I found that confusing at first, and inconvenient  in the long run as i don't like working with all the pods open all the time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amebr,

That was helpful.  I'm looking at a topic now, and both the Apply Style list on the Formatting toolbar show (none) when I click a numbered list that I created using the Created a Numbered List or Create a Bulleted List on the toolbar. 

This is the html code for the correct font (10pt):

<ol>

<li class="p">this is the (none) style when I use the numbering button

on the toolbar (which is inline formatting)</li>

on the toolbar&#160;(which is inline formatting)</li>

on the toolbar&#160;(which is inline formatting)</li>

</ol>

Both styles list show the correct custom styles I created for numbered lists, though.  Below is the code (correct font):

<ol>

<li class="p-ProcedureSteps"><p class="ProcedureSteps">this is from

my custom numbered style and looks correct</p></li>

</ol>

What's strange is, if I create a list and highlight it, then click the Apply Numbered List button in the toolbar, the numbers and text font size changes to 8 point and my Normal font is 10 pt, and both style lists show (none).  That's what I wanted to figure out in my original post.  I opened up the stylesheet and I don't see where that's applied.  In Flare, you can easily see in a table how the styles are formatted, down to each class.

This is the code for the incorrect font (8pt):

<ol type="1">

<li>why is this 8pt?</li>

</ol>

Below is a screenshot.

styles problem RH9.png

Maybe someone can figure this out. Thanks!

Gina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp