8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2012 3:35 AM by grimble.gromble

D600 raw in cs5 extended

davidfletcherschubert

How Do I get my cs5 and camera raw to reccnoize my raw files from a d600. Is there somthing I can download like a update or plugin?

• 1. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Hi David,

There is no adobe camera raw plugin for photoshop cs5 that will work, since the Nikon D600 files require camera raw 7.2 with photoshop cs6 and cs5 can only be updated to camera raw 6.7.

You can however use the 7.2 DNG Converter to convert the D600 files to dng copies which should then open in photoshop cs5 using the camera raw dialog.

Windows download click here DNG Converter 7.2

Mac download click here DNG Converter 7.2

• 2. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
            grimble.gromble

sorry if this is the wrong place for this question but i get lost in these forums.

i downloaded dng converter 7.2 in an attempt to get my d600 raw images into a format that i can use in lightroom 3 and photoshop cs4. unfortunately, dng converter 7.2 doesn't recognise my raw files either! i'm not sure what's going on as the latest .nef codec causes windows photo gallery to display a large dark area with the image occupying the top left hand corner only (and a few stripes lower down) and even nikon's latest viewnx2 2.6.0, although it will display the images, refuses to convert them to anything at all because it says it can't edit them.

any suggestions greatly appreciated (i have also sent an message to nikon regarding their software).

thanks,

grim.

• 3. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
              grimble.gromble Level 1

again, sorry. i'm using windows vista home.

• 4. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
                Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Hi grimble.gromble,

Did you use Nikon Transfer to get the images from your camera to computer?

If you didn't use the newest version of nikon transfer, that's known to corrupt the images.

If you take some test pictures and/or load the exsiting  pictures from your camera onto your computer without using nikon transfer, does the dng converter work on those files?

• 5. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
                  TerriStone Adobe Employee

Hi. Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I'm moving your question to the Adobe Camera Raw forum.   This move will not affect the current discussion you're in with R_Kelly.

• 6. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you browse using the DNG converter, you only browse for folders, NOT individual files. Are you aware of that?

• 7. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
                      Noel Carboni Level 7

JimHess wrote:

When you browse using the DNG converter, you only browse for folders, NOT individual files. Are you aware of that?

To say what was unsaid, you should NOT expect to see your files listed in the Select Source Folder dialog.

Just select the folder then press the button to start the conversion.  It will work.

-Noel

• 8. Re: D600 raw in cs5 extended
                        grimble.gromble Level 1

R_Kelly,

On the nose. I had checked for an update to Nikon Transfer and, of course, there wasn't one as it has been incorporated into VeiwNX2. Now the NEF codec and DNG Converter are working perfectly. Thanks.

Terri,

Sorry about that. I looked for a DNG Converter forum and couldn't find it. I also looked for Adobe Camera Raw and couldn't find that either because it's under Camera Raw (can't see the wood for the trees). Appreciate your moving it. Thanks.

Jim and Noel,

Was aware of that, but thanks for your input.

grim