2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 12:07 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Ctrl+shift+D does not work to deauthorize ADE

PLMerry

Ctrl+shift+D does not work to deauthorize ADE on this Windows 7 laptop.

Please help.

• 1. Re: Ctrl+shift+D does not work to deauthorize ADE
          PLMerry Level 1

OK so Ctrl+shift+D only works if you are NOT in a book.  To bad support had no clue about this.

So I deleted the Authorization and put in the correct email and get the following error.

"The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item trying to open.  Try again."

I tried again and again and it will not open under my correct email address.

Whay do I do now?

• 2. Re: Ctrl+shift+D does not work to deauthorize ADE
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

You panic!  And throw the question to us!!!

Seriously, you are trying to work with an ebook that has already been

associated with an ID.  When you deauthorized and reauthorized using a

different ID, ADE sees this, and won't let you work with the ebook with a

different ID.

You can go back and reauthorize with the old ID, and you'll be able to read

the ebook.

If you're wondering why all the fuss....  ADE is implementing the industry

standards that have been set up to comply with the Digital Millenium

Copyright Act of 2000.  They require an ID to be associated with

copyrighted materials.

On another level: it appears you think that this process should be really

simple and straightforward.  It might help to read the HELP section of ADE

because that section describes pretty thoroughly how this whole thing works

- technology and all.

===============