5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 6:04 AM by Dave Canon

CS6 Upgrade Policy

Dave Canon

I have a registered copy of PS CS3 and plan to take advantage of the upgrade offer and buy the CS6 upgrade before 31st Dec 2012. However, I also plan to buy a new PC in the next month or two and would prefer to wait until I have that fully operational before installing CS6. This could well be early 2013. The question is will the CS6 upgrade still be valid? What happend on the 1 st Jan 2013? Are all CS3/4 Upgrades taken of the shelves or will Adobe prevent activation from that date?

Dave

• 1. Re: CS6 Upgrade Policy
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

I don’t see why the date you actually start using the software should make a difference rather than the point in time when you have purchased it.

• 2. Re: CS6 Upgrade Policy
            John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I believe this may be driven by the serial number.

CS6 upgrades are purchased direct from Adobe.

I suspect that CS6 upgrade serial numbers which recognise CS3 as a qualifying product probably won't be issued with upgrade purchases from 1 Jan 2013 onwards.

Bottom-line: if you intend to upgrade to CS6 from CS3, you must purchase in 2012. Don't leave it until 2013 and then be disappointed. When you actually install and activate is up to you but you will then know that the CS3 serial will be accepted by the CS6 installer. If any issues arise, the first thing Adobe Customer Support will check is date of purchase.

Point is: comply with Adobe's special offer rules for eligibility and you cannot go wrong

• 3. Re: CS6 Upgrade Policy
              Dave Canon Level 1

CS6 Upgrades are on sale at Amazon UK. In the US and some other countries, you do have to buy from Adobe directly but in Europe you do not. I do not intend to leave the purchase until after 31 st Dec but want to feel confident that there will be no problem after that date. I did try to contact Adobe directly but was unsuccessful.

Dave

• 4. Re: CS6 Upgrade Policy
                John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dave Canon wrote:

CS6 Upgrades are on sale at Amazon UK. In the US and some other countries, you do have to buy from Adobe directly but in Europe you do not.

Yes, I should have been clearer.

Individual product upgrades are only available from Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/au/products/creativesuite/upgradeinfo.html

Most resellers sell suite upgrades.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: CS6 Upgrade Policy
                  Dave Canon Level 1

As I read the Adobe upgrade pages I will need to buy from Adobe direct if my product is part of a suite. I actually have two licences a Creative Suite 4 Design & Web Premium and a Photoshop CS3 product. In this case I plan to upgrade the PS CS3 product which appears to be available from Amazon.

Dave