1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 4:51 PM by Frustrated in AZ

help- can't open books, i get a message that it is liscensed to dofferent user

shanitzo

this is my laptop, i've authorised the computer, and was able to read my books on it. now i can't all of a sudden.

what could be the problem?

no one else uses this computer. and it is still authorised to my acount, but i cant read my books..

please help

• 1. Re: help- can't open books, i get a message that it is liscensed to dofferent user
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The message is telling you that, when you downloaded those ebooks, you were

using a different user ID for Digital Editions.  Somewhere you changed it,

and since Digital Editions keeps track of such things, it won't let you

read ebooks under that 'old' ID.  If you can backtrack and find out what

that old ID was, you can re-set Digital Editions to the old ID and then

you'll be able to read those ebooks.  We can tell you how to do that if you

find that old ID.  If you've downloaded ebooks under the new ID, you'll

have to change Digital Editions back and forth to be able to read them.

This happens fairly often.  It's usually because of a re-install of Digital

Editions or changing something on your laptop that required you to

reinstall your OS.

===================