4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 9:02 AM by aklimets

How does searching for tags in different languages work?

DebbieGCH

I have a website in English an German (and eventually also in French and Italian) to which I would like to assign the tag Lawyer (English) / Anwalt (German). Therefore I have set up the tag in the UI as below and tagged the page manually to try if it works. Everything works well, but when I search for the tag I can only find the pages by typing in the tag name (here lawyer), but I would also like to find it by typing in Anwalt. Is there a possibility to make the tags searchable in all languages except for creating a new tag for each language?

How do I have to put it here etc/tags/marketing:lawyer? Do I have to translate the tags first in the UI? I assume, that if I put etc/tags/marketing:anwalt, a new tag is created.

Thanks for your help!

Tag.PNG

• 1. Re: How does searching for tags in different languages work?
          aklimets Adobe Employee

What do you mean by "search for the tag" exactly? When using full text search, you don't/can't really search for tags. Therefore, tags can be explicitly searched for in various locations. For example, in the content finder, you type "tag:<tagid>" (tagid not title). With enabled suggestions in the content finder (*), you can type the tag title (localized to the current user's language) and will get the "tag:<tagid>" syntax set automatically.

(*) enable NodeNameIndexer (note that this requires some additional cpu and memory resources hence it's disabled by default)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How does searching for tags in different languages work?
            Yadav Brijesh Level 1

Hi,

Existing search component search the content using of Tag jcr:title or tagid, if you want to search using Localization tag, you have to modify the existing search functionality to jcr:title.en & jcr:title.de.

Regards

Brijesh.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How does searching for tags in different languages work?
              DebbieGCH Level 1

Thanks for your answers! Yes, I meant the content finder.

I still don't understand how to implement tags in different languages in the best way. If I put: etc/tags/marketing:lawyer for both, English and German, I have to got to the UI and translate the Laywer tag into German (an if needed into other languages) manually, right?

I believe it would be easier as follows:

etc/tags/marketing:lawyer

etc/tags/marketing:anwalt

Do you see what I mean?

• 4. Re: How does searching for tags in different languages work?
                aklimets Adobe Employee

What do you mean by "etc/tags/marketing:lawyer" - where do you put this? Such strings are not expected to work.

There are tag ids, which are based on the node names of the tag and which are not localized. In this case it would be "marketing:lawyer" or /etc/tags/marketing/lawyer (absolute paths work as well, albeit they are not written by the built-in tagging code). These would be used in the GQL search query in the normal search field in the content finder, using "tags:<tagid>", for example: "tags:marketing:interest/business"

Then there are titles, which you see in the tag labels when setting tags e.g. on a page, such as "Marketing : Lawyer", or "Marketing : Category / Subcategory" for nested tags. Titles are localizeable. If you have the suggestions enabled in the cf, you'd type e.g. "Lawyer" (user language set to English) or "Anwalt" (user language set to German), see a list of suggested items, select the tag (recognizable by icon) and the search field should be populated with "tags:marketing/lawyer" automatically.

See also

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/tag_admin.html#Managing%20Tags%20in%20Different% 20Languages

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/tagging.html