3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 11:04 AM by chris.campbell

Terrible browser response

johnbuzz

Let me start by saying that I am not really happy with Adobe Flash/Air for the past 2 years... There's Adobe Air updates almost every week and yet nothing about the important browser issues....

There's tons of solutions using webkit and Chrome is one of them... Here's a demo of a normal forum online... We are typing some random stuff... please take a look at the difference... it's dramatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs4HF7Ng2xA

This is a simple login on a forum... it's really basic but yet the Air Browser has an important delay.

With zillions of web services in the cloud - I hope Adobe sense the importance of having a good browser within Air.

We are using the HTMLLoader class.

Let me know what we can do to fix this...

• 1. Re: Terrible browser response
          chris.campbell Adobe Employee

Thanks for your input.  It has been challenging keeping our webkit up to date with the latest releases.  Can you give me any examples on how you are using the HTMLLoader class?  Do you have any applications that use our javascript to air bridge?

• 2. Re: Terrible browser response
            johnbuzz Level 1

Thank you for your reply - I really hope we can solve this rapidly because this is killing the success of my software (totally) - As a side note it's only on PC... on Mac it's all good (but you know the mass market is currently on a PC/Windows).

Here's a sample of the code:

htmlLoader = new HTMLLoader();
            htmlLoader.y = topBar.height;
            addChild(htmlLoader);
            htmlLoader.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CHANGE, htmlHost.onLocationChanging);
            htmlLoader.addEventListener(Event.LOCATION_CHANGE, onLocationChange);
            htmlLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onHtmlComplete);

layout();

function layout():void 
            {
             super.layout();

htmlLoader.width = width;
             htmlLoader.height = height;

}

Please let me know if you need anything else.

• 3. Re: Terrible browser response
              chris.campbell Adobe Employee

Do you have problems with this code an html page with only a simple input field or is this specific to this forum?  Would you mind opening a bug on this at http://bugbase.adobe.com and reference the video you've taken, your sample code and a link to this post?

Thanks,

Chris