6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2012 2:14 PM by plee1388

Email address validation

LCGI_MSP

Hi,

We recently deployed a basic questionnaire being used by military personnel.  We turned on the "Submission Receipts" option so that respondents could receive a copy of their submission.  We have discovered that due to the elaborate format of some military email addresses (First.Middle.Last.role(civ, ctr, mil)@whatever.mil), the system was not allowing the results to be recorded because it deemed the email address invalid.  Can someone verify whether or not this is indeed an issue in the FormsCentral processing?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Email address validation
          LCGI_MSP Level 1

Bump for a response.

• 2. Re: Email address validation
            RandySwineford Adobe Employee

We are looking into the issue. Sorry we didn't respond.

Randy

• 3. Re: Email address validation
              LCGI_MSP Level 1

Thanks for looking into this.  As an update, I've also discovered that I can not invite collaborators who have "unusual" email addresses either.  In my particular case, I need to invite someone with a janedoe@blah.us email address.

Any idea when these issues will be resolved?  I need certain individuals to have access to the results and was hoping to not have to export them every day.

• 4. Re: Email address validation
                plee1388 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  I would like to confirm with you that about the issue, so the data get submit but email isn’t sent?  Can you let us know the date of such submission and the email address involved?  Can you share us the form, or send us the form url.  This will  help resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Perry

• 5. Re: Email address validation
                  LCGI_MSP Level 1

Previously, we had the "Submissions  Receipts" option turned on and used an email address field.  We got reports that people with .mil email addresses were getting errors that the email address was invalid and subsequently the data did not seem to be captured.  So, we turned off the option and changed the "Email" field to a text field so that it didn't perform the validation check.  Since that field is now optional, it isn't a big issue but might be of some use in the future.

This morning I went to share access to the form to an employee who works for a company with a .us email address.  When I typed in her email address, the interface said it was an invalid email address.  I just tried again and this time it worked fine so if you fixed it, thanks for the quick turnaround.

If you require more detailed information or a link to the form, please email me directly.  Thanks!

• 6. Re: Email address validation
                    plee1388 Adobe Employee

Thanks for the reply.  It nice to know that you are able to share the form.   We would like to help you on the Submission Receipts issue.  My email is perrylee@adobe.com.  Please email me a form url, (this could be a test form), and email address that not get the submission email.  If you could also provide screen shots for the errors that would be very helpful. 

1 person found this helpful