1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2012 4:44 PM by backpack45scb

Win XP ID5.5 export to epub crash in hyperlinks.rpln any way to trace?

backpack45scb

Any way to pin this down to the problem link? I've converted any link with an & or # into a tinyurl, and still get a failure when exporting to epub. ##update## I also tried exporting to html and got the identical error - same mod & offset. I would be happy if I could just turn off any url conversion and get an epub where I could edit it manually. ##

By cutting my 300 page book (1 document) down by half for each test, I got to a 6 page doc that still failed. At that point 1 link had a & - I deleted that link and export worked. I changed the & to X and export failed even though  link was invalid. I replaced with tinyurl, and export worked. However, when I go back and change original doc so it has no urls with & or # I still get the same failure. There must be a faster way of finding the problem than my way of dividing the doc. That takes hours to find a single error (It takes me about 5 min to recycle ID after crash). This is the Dr. Watson log of one crash:

IDHyper1.jpg

In July 2010, Liz Castro mentioned in her blog a script: OEBExportMenuItemLoader.jsx file, which is in the startup scripts folder

In my 5.5, I don't have that script, I have something that is similar, but I know very little about scripts, i.e. can change false statement to true, but don't know how to run it or find output:

Tried to insert image, but got black square, so will type it out:

folders

Adobe Indesign CS5.5>

Scripts>converturltohyperlink>startup scripts>ConvertURLToHyperlinkMenuItemLoader.jsx

I've continued to test various cases of hyperlinks to find failing links:

1 works note that there is a #:

http://www.360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador/#348.00,7.50,65.0

2 works note that there is a #:

www.360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador/#348.00,7.50,65.0

3 works note that there is a #:

360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador/#348.00,7.50,65.0

4 works: www.360cities.net

5 works: 360cities.net

6 works:  www.360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador

7 works:  360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador

8 works xxx 360-degree view from the Puenta Arenas mirador: 360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador

9 works xxx 360-degree view from the Puenta Arenas mirador: 360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador - a dup of 8 just to see if number of entries is a factor.

10 fails xxx 360-degree view from the Puenta Arenas mirador

www.360cities.net/image/punta-arenas-chile-mirador

In the above list why does 6 work and 10 fail?

Message was edited by: backpack45scb with examples