2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 7:42 PM by JLWarden

CS6  Non-responsive when using Light effect filter in Photoshop

KF630

Win 7 OS. I am trying to use the light effect filter and when I select it photoshop gets locked up and won't respond until I end task in task manager (it says photoshop not responding in task manager). Is there a fix for this? I did all of my updates and it still happens. I have homework to do, I need to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated,

Thank you

• 1. Re: CS6  Non-responsive when using Light effect filter in Photoshop
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What type of video card do you have and have you checked the video card manufacturer's website for the latest driver?

I have Intel 4000HD integrated graphics on my Windows x64 laptop and going directly to the Intel website and using their update utility got me the most current driver and fixed my problem with Lighting Effects.

• 2. Re: CS6  Non-responsive when using Light effect filter in Photoshop
            JLWarden

Every time I try and use lighting effect, on my Win 7, CS6 it crashes. I at least get to use it, but when I click "ok" for the changes to take place, "Adobe has stopped working" and just crashes.

I looked into my Graphics Card drivers update... (AMD RADEON hd 6450) and on the site, I chose a very new update for a catalyst... blah blah. Which gave me this new control panel specific with this new driver update. However, once I downloaded it, restarted (for s & g's) it doesn't show up in my graphics card properties... its the same driver as before. So this may not have anything to do with what help I need. Although, it has a new "control center" that I looked at and its all martian to me.

Someone please help me to resolve this issue??!! I can give more information if needed.