Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader XI, Internet Explorer missing Add-On

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

we have download and install the MSI from Adobe Reader XI. But now we have no Adobe Reader under Add-Ons. We close IE restart IE, show all Add-ons - no result.

If we go to www.adobe.com - download - adobe reader http://get.adobe.com/de/reader/ - uncheck for yes install chrome, then we see the Adobe Reader Add-On under IE? why

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is unexpected.

Can you tell me your IE version and operating system so that i can try to reproduce it at my end.

Thanks,

Amish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit along with Internet Explorer 9. I've uninstalled Adobe Reader X then installed the Adobe Reader XI and now the plugins do not appear in Chrome or IE. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for my adobe addon fix. any details yet? I need this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search for AcroPDF.dll.  If it's there then register it in the Command prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows Server 2008 R2, I installed Adobe Reader 11.0.10. IE11 automatically opens pdf links in browser with the Acrobat plugin without prompting. I don't want this. I want it disabled, but when I go to "Manage Add-ons," like others report here, Adobe Reader doesn't show up, so I can't disable it. Tried rebooting. I have selected "Show all Add-ons".

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sabian+Zildjian  wrote

Do a search for AcroPDF.dll.  If it's there then register it in the Command prompt.

I found it under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\68AB67CA7DA73301B744BA0000000010\11.0.0

I tried at the command prompt "regsvr32 AcroPDF.dll," but I get a red X error, "The module "AcroPDF.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."

Anyone have an actual fix that works? Since this thread is from 2012 I'm guessing no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the answer. Didn't expect to.

The solution is to open the registry editor, and go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\11.0\Originals

Then, right click and select New -> DWORD (32-bit Value), and name it the following:

bBrowserIntegration

Leave it set at the default value of 0.

IE11 now prompts to download PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this problem, Windows 7 64Bit IE9 Chrome and Firefox also installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for resurrecting this old topic; that could actually be the solution for this problem that so many people post about these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same problem using Windows 7 64-bit - I could find no Adobe Reader plugin anywhere in Internet Explorer's list of add-ons.

Then I remembered that my laptop defaults to using 64-bit IE, but there is also a 32-bit version of IE under C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer. In the 32-bit version of IE the add-on "Adobe PDF Reader" is listed and also enabled on my laptop.

So my solution is to use the 32-bit version of IE when I want Adobe Reader to function within the browser.

HTH,

Si

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution! Let me know if this works for you too.

Go to "Control Panel" then to "Programs and Features".

Then right-click "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro" (depends on the version you are using), then choose "Change". After that, InstallShield will pop-up, click "Next" and choose "Modify". After that, you will see the below:

Make sure that you choose "This feature will be installed on local hard drive" for all the four.

Click "Next" and then "Update".

The system will then install the package completely including the add-on for IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines