13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2012 11:48 AM by Larry G. Schneider

InDesign CS4 crashes during PDF export

AMorgan411

Computer is a Dell laptop that operates on Windows XP Professional. I am putting together our image- and text-heavy company newsletter. I have been able to export as Press-Quality PDF withing the past week or two. I made a change today and now get an error when I try to export to PDF (Press Quality, 4 pages, spreads, all marks, full bleeds). I've been able to isolate the problem to pages 3 & 4, since I can export pages 1 & 2 without any issue but cannot export either 3 or 4 seperately, or together in a spread. I've tried the save-as-INX-and-reopen trick to no avail. I've tried saving it onto my local drive, rather than the network drive it was on before. Still crashes at the same point.

The error I get says that "InDesign.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. For more information about this error, click here." And I have the option to "Debug" or "Close." When I click the "click here" link at the end of the sentence, I get a window with the following info:

"Error Signature

AppName: indesign.exe       AppVer:6.0.0.352      ModName:transparency.rpln

ModVer: 6.0.0.352   Offset: 0006f14d

To view technical information about the error report, click here."

And if I click on that "click here" link, I get a very long  window of "Error Report Contents" that I cannot copy-paste, and would probably take me a good hour to retype here.

Any thoughts? I do have several transparencies on page 3, and a gradient stroke on an object that spans both 3 & 4. All links have been embedded and prior to embedding showed no signs of warnings or issues. Links include JPEGs, Photoshop files, and Illustrator files.