3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 1:33 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Help

Money1Maker1213

I use to have Adobe Digital Editions on my old computer which crashed and have tried numerous times to install it on my new computer and everytime I try to transfer the ebooks I've downloaded, I get a message saying No permission to copy book.  Can someone help me please?

• 1. Re: Help
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Please repost in the Adobe Digital Editions Forum.

• 2. Re: Help
            Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.  It is likely that your copy of Adobe Digital Editions is authorized to a different user than the one you purchased the book under.  Which operating system are you using?

• 3. Re: Help
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The original post was:

"I used to have Adobe Digital Editions on my old computer which crashed and

have tried numerous times to install it on my new computer and everytime I

try to transfer the ebooks I've downloaded, I get a message saying *No

permission to copy book*.  Can someone help me please?"

Bob's comment is not on point.  As I just posted to someone else, this

message is telling you that the Digital Rights in the ebooks you're trying

to transfer will not permit you to copy/transfer them to your new

computer.  ADE creates a small 'tag' file for every ebook you download and

it contains the DRM protection settings.  Because you're trying to move

them from one computer to the other, ADE will compare the tag file to the

current information and the DRM settings.  If the DRM settings won't allow

copying, you will get this message.

What do you do?  One idea is to take stock of all of the ones that won't

transfer.  If they were purchased, then you might be able to get the seller

to authorize a download to your new computer.

===============