2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 11:57 AM by A.T. Romano

Does Premiere Elements 11 Mac Have "Sharpen" Effect?

A.T. Romano Level 7

I am a Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit person who can see Sharpen included in the effects in Action Bar/fx Effects/Blur Sharpen.

I do not have a Mac computer, so I can only go by what I read in the Premiere Elements 11 Help PDF for Windows Only effects. In that Help PDF it shows for the Blur Sharpen offerings:

Antialias (Windows Only)

Fast Blur

Gaussian Blur

Ghosting (Windows Only)

Sharpen (Windows Only)

Today a Premiere Elements 11 Mac user reports that the Sharpen effect is present in his tryout version of the product. Does this involve a misprint in the Help PDF or something related to a particular Mac operating system?

In a recent thread elsewhere, Steve Grisetti does not include the video effect Sharpen in this list of items omitted from Mac.

Thanks for your input on this.

ATR

• 1. Re: Does Premiere Elements 11 Mac Have "Sharpen" Effect?
          beemerchef

I am looking for it also!!!

No one knows?

It has to be with "Image control", but I cannot open it and go further.

Thanks. Ara and Spirit

• 2. Re: Does Premiere Elements 11 Mac Have "Sharpen" Effect?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

beemerchef

Why are you looking at Image Control?

Focus...fxEffect tab at the bottom of the Expert view...then click on that tab and scroll to "Blur Sharpen" not "Image Control". In your Premiere Elements 11 Mac, I would expect to find under Blur Sharpen:

Fast Blur

Gaussian Blur

Sharpen

It should be Antialias and Ghosting that are not included in the Mac version of Premiere Elements 11.

I have been left with the conclusion that the Sharpen video effect is included in Premiere Elements 11 Mac and that the Premiere Elements 11 Mac Help PDF is in error when it lists the video effect Sharpen as "Windows Only".

Please let us know if any of this helps you to find that video effect Sharpen.

Thanks.

ATR