• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

differences between Premiere Elements 11 and Pro CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know the differences between Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 in relation to video editing. If someone can point me to any resource on the web like a comparision chart of features, differences etc that would be perfect. I understand the Premiere Pro CS6 would have a lot of extra bell and whistles, special effects etc... but what I would like to know if there is a difference in terms of the the quality of the Final Product?

Our needs for a video editor are very simple. We need to create simple titles and text overlay to show the name of the speaker and/or topic. A few times we the audio was not recorded on the video camcera but we do have the audio recorded for the event on a separate audio recorder in .WAV format. So we would like to sync up the video with this audio. Can this be done in Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

And in cases where the audio was recorded with video, we would like to increase the gain/volume for the audio or clean up some hum or background noise. Can this be done in Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

That is it, we do not need any special effects or animations etc... Please let me know if Adobe Premiere Elements 11 can help us meet our needs. If there is any other software that would be more suitable please advise.

Thank you!

VS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen such a comparison... does not mean there is none, just that I have not seen such

I think you will need to go through each of the products pages and make your own comparison

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot speak for CS6.  Here are thoughts from a new APE11 user's view:

adobe30022 wrote:

Our needs for a video editor are very simple. We need to create simple titles and text overlay to show the name of the speaker and/or topic.

APE11 provides simplicity and good functionality for this stated need.

we would like to sync up the video with this audio. Can this be done in Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

If your video and audio contain a clap, you can manually sync by sliding the audio peak along the video.  The audio wave form will be blanked out when sliding, with a frame counter showing how many whole frames you have moved the audio at each moment, so it is a "drag, stop, compare, drag another frame or two, stop, compare" process that works.  (Finer adjustment than whole frames is not possible.)  Once the sync is achieved, select both audio and video track and link them. (The stability of the sync over time will depend on the accuracy of the recorder, and can pose a problem in long recordings. )  

increase the gain/volume for the audio or clean up some hum or background noise. Can this be done in Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

APE11 allows adjusting the volume levels and also provides level normalization if desired, but more involved audio cleanup such as hiss and hum removal, compression, or auto gain are not available.

Please let me know if Adobe Premiere Elements 11 can help us meet our needs. If there is any other software that would be more suitable please advise.

You should download the APE11 trial to judge for yourself how well it will meet all your needs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan - Appreciate your inputs. I will give APE a try.

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, for serious audio clean up on the cheap to pair with Premiere Elements, try the open source program Audacity.  It runs on any computer platform, and has auto level/compression, hum, hiss, pop removal, even modeled noise removal.  For a supported product in the Adobe family, Audition CS6 is a stand-alone professional quality audio tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines