15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 9:42 AM by Jerry Witt

hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load

Graugans GbR Level 1

Hi,

i made an Edge animation and embedded it into my site. Weird thing, when loading the first time in Safari or Chrome, animation dont show up, its working when reloading or revisiting the site again. First time, safari shows an "hierarchy_request_err".

I have a Youtube iFrame intetrated at the site, it seems to cause the errors, because the animations work fine on other pages.

Heres the site:

www.cafe-ramm.de

Firefox, IE 7-9 work fine.

I have embedded the code with Dreamweaver, using the .oam files.

Anyone can help me, please?

Regards, Citzwerth

• 1. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

It seems to run fine for me - checked all four browsers (latest versions).

What page exactly, is the error occurring on?

Nice animations, btw.

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
            Graugans GbR Level 1

Hi,

thanks for your answer, its the homepage, index.html, were the animation does not work properly. I run Safari with OS 10.8.1 and Google Chrome 22.0.1229.94. Firefox and all IEs down to 7 are qorking fine. Hmm... will check the site from a few other Computers.

I also see the same problem occuring at iPad, too. First load shows nothing, refreshing or returning let the animation fire properly.

Citzwerth

• 3. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load

FF 16.0.1 shows header and movie file fine

CC 22.0.1229.94 M shows header and movie fine

Safari 5.1.7 (7534.57.2) shows headers and movie file fine

IE 9.0.8112.16421 shows header and movie file fine

I do not have an iPad, but I do have an Android tablet. Headers show fine on first load, but the movie on the homepage does not. Yet it appears and refresh, as you noted.

I am on Win 7/64 bit, so I am not sure if the differrence is related to your OS, and hopefully, someone on your OS can help better troubleshoot.

Darrell

• 4. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                Jerry Witt Level 2

On a Mac, the headers load fine in Safari. But on Chrome the first header did not load. But when I went to another page and then back to the home page, the header loaded in both instances. I have the same issue on my site with the headers on Chrome.

• 5. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                  TimJaramillo Level 4

In one of my older projects I experienced the same bug (HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: DOM Exception 3) in Chrome only. The first time I viewed my animation I would get this js error, and on refresh everything would load fine.

From this post, it sounds like sometimes Chrome doesn't like how Edge inserts divs.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1256394/what-exactly-can-cause-an-hierarchy-request-err -dom-exception-3-error

• 6. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load

Also, looking through the 'resources' of the site, you have a lot of other js (excluding the Edge runtime files, I counted over 20) files loading. Possiblely a conflict in element/variable names.

The edge runtime file is loading last in the list of all these, did you try moving the script tag towards the top to see if it loads.

All your references are different as well, and I can see that you are using the Drupal > Edge Suite plugin - it may be a use case for the plugin developer to digest.

Darrell

• 7. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                      Jerry Witt Level 2

Thanks Darrell. I think I will ask Timm (the Edge Suite developer) about this. I realize that my site has a lot of "suff" loaded on there. Drupal isn't that lightweight of a CMS. I also gotta check to see if js is being aggregated.

• 8. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                        Graugans GbR Level 1

Hi,

thanks for your help, would you please let me know if you hear something new about this topic from Adobe?

When I remove the iFrame from youtube off my index-page, the whole animation seem to load fine. Maybe theres some conflict going on with either iFrames or youtube iFrames.

Although the "only loads when refreshing page"-bug appears on my iPad (3. Gen, Safari, OS6) on every page, no matter if theres an iFrame or not. I will test on iPad with another browser.

I noticed that at Adobes html.adobe.com/edge/animate/showcase.html site, all the Edge Animate examples are not appearing when browsing the page with the iPad, Adobe seems to hide them, is Edge Animate supposed to not work on iPad yet? Or is this a matter of bandwidth and not served for mobile devices?

Citzwerth

• 9. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                          Jerry Witt Level 2

CItzwerth Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Something you said made my eyebrows raise:

>> I noticed that at Adobes html.adobe.com/edge/animate/showcase.html site, all the Edge Animate examples are not appearing when browsing the page with the iPad, Adobe seems to hide them, is Edge Animate supposed to not work on iPad yet?

I HOPE this is not the case. Afterall, one of the main  reasons we are developing in HTML5 (etc.) is to support devices that don't support Flash. I don't have an iPad, but I hope someone from Adobe comments on this.

• 10. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                            elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, folks-

Don't worry, Animate files will display on iOS devices.  The showcase files are not optimized for mobile devices yet and are pretty image-intensive, and some of them don't work on mobile devices because of the sheer size of the assets.  We're working on making sure they'll be playable in the future, but rest assured, your animations should function just fne.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 11. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                              Jerry Witt Level 2

phew. Thank you for the clarification Elaine.

• 12. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                                Graugans GbR Level 1

Hi Elaine,

you might have red this discussion, any idea, why my animations (on index page) run after refreshing or reloading the page? Might that be because of the iFrame? And they are not working on iPad (here every page with animation is affected), maybe they are to large?

I embedded by using .oam package file with dreamweaver, maybe theres a better way?

Im using an IMac with OS 10.8, Safari or Chrome, latest Version. IPad is running IOS 6.

Here is the url: www.cafe-ramm.de

Thanks in advance.

Citzwerth

• 13. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                                  Jerry Witt Level 2

Cltzwerth, your page loads fine for me on Safari. On Chrome I get a pop-up banner stating the page is in German and asking me if I want to translate it. Once I dismiss this, the banner area is pink. But if I reload it shows up.

I did notice this js error:

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://www.cafe-ramm.de/ from frame with URL http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/D9SZYDqTSTE?rel=0. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

This probably has more to do with the iFrame for the movie down the page. But maybe that interuption is causing the issue with the EA js.

Can you test a duplicate page without the video?

• 14. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                                    Graugans GbR Level 1

Hi Jerry,

i tesetd the page without the iFrame, and it worked well. But how can I solve this issue? Having an iFrame, esp. youtube seems quite common to me. Besides on my iPad, none of the pages anmitations load properly, they all need to be refreshed untill showing up. Got a Kindle Fire, too, there all animations work without mistakes.

Maybe an IOS 6 issue? Gosh, all these devices need to be tested with all possible combinations...

Thanks for your effort.

Citzwerth

• 15. Re: hierarchy_request_err Animation doesn`t load
                                      Jerry Witt Level 2

I don't think it is the iFrame per se that is the issue. I am just guessing that the iPhone and Chrome handle errors a little differently than other browsers. And when those browsers through a js error, it stops the EA javascript from executing.

So if you can find a way to embed the Youtube in the page where it doesn't throw an error, I bet your problem would be solved. What happens if you link to the movie directly on youtube.com? If that works, maybe you need to find a cross-domain permission for youtube-nocookie.com. What IS youtube-nocookie.com anyway?