3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2012 12:56 PM by kglad

Dealing with sound

TheRat2001

Hi, I just imported a song to my animation. I made a layer for the song and dragged it onto the screen.

It appeared in my timeline, but not the whole thing. However, when I press play, the WHOLE song plays, and I don't know how to stop it!

Then I undid a bunch of things, re-imported and tried again. Now when I pressed play, two songs played at the same time!

Even when I remove the song from the timeline, it still played.

All I want to do is use parts of the song for my animation. How do I go about lining up specific portions of sound with my animation? I thought I could just put the song on my timeline and cut out portions that I don't want.

• 1. Re: Dealing with sound
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if you want the sound to be sync'd with your timeline, click the keyframe where your sound starts and, in the properties panel, select stream for the sync property.

if you think you removed your sound and you still hear it, you didn't remove your sound.  there's still a keyframe in some layer containing your sound.  (or, you're using actionscript to play your sound.)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dealing with sound
            TheRat2001 Level 1

okay, got that part, thank you. When I select a portion of the sound and remove it, it doesn't remove the part I selected, but instead makes the track shorter, it still begins in the same place. How do I:

A.) make the sound begin somewhere else on the track?

and/or

B.) remove frames in the middle of a track and just have those frames be blank without changing the position of the rest of the track (delete and leave the space)?

and/or

C.) Make an excerpt from the same track start on a later part of the timeline (when I copy and paste a selection, it just makes the original track longer, jumping all the way to the position I pasted in)

can you break down a song into individual frames?

Sorry for so many questions....

• 3. Re: Dealing with sound
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A.) make the sound begin somewhere else on the track?

you must use actionscript or you must use gotoAndPlay(the frame number/name where you want your sound to start) before the first frame that contains your sound.

and/or

B.) remove frames in the middle of a track and just have those frames be blank without changing the position of the rest of the track (delete and leave the space)?

again, use actionscript or gotoAndPlay attached to a frame in the middle of your sound's timeline span

C.) Make an excerpt from the same track start on a later part of the timeline (when I copy and paste a selection, it just makes the original track longer, jumping all the way to the position I pasted in)

i don't understand what you mean