• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, when can you get your act together?

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Master Collection CS6 on a new machine and updated it to the latest versions.

But, the installer is still so utterly stupid and I have been complaining about that for years, filed numerous feature requests, but nothing happens. It is still the same  approach as three years ago and nothing has improved.

What do I mean:

Every program in the Suite installs up to 40+ languages in the AMT directory, it repeats that in the Legal directory, then again repeats that in the OBLRes directory , sometimes even in the LMResources and RegLoc directory.

On a typical install this eats up more than 3 GB of space, just in order to show me the EULA in Afghan, Rumenian, Finnish, Arabic, Mandarin, Bulgarian, Taiwanese and what have you. Not only that, these files are replicated a multitude of times, slow down the download and installation and require quite some effort to get rid of that crap.

Adobe, why can't you make a simple installer like Microsoft that installs in either the selected language or the location that is set for the computer.?

There is no use for me to see your legal rights in one of the many (for me) unintelligible languages. Make it simple and save people time and around 3-4 GB space. Additionally, store all that crap in a central place like Adobe/Common, instead of replicating this all over the place for each and every application in the Suite.

Since you have never done anything with my earlier feature requests, this may be the better way to get your attention.

Sorry to sound so p*ssed off, but having to go through each and every program to clean up your mess, does not make me happy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved to appropriate forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback Harm.  I will certainly be happy to pass on your feedback.  So that I can also verify this behavior can you confirm which operating system you are installing on?  By the reference to Adobe/Common it would appear you are using a Windows operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines