Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robo HTML Help Author Message

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2006 Aug 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and I hope someone can assist me with this issue. I've only been using RoboHelp (HTML) for about 4 months.

I deleted a custom window (for the navigation pane in the HTML viewer) in a project I updated because after I compiled the project the tri-pane navigation pane didn't appear correctly (didn't have the Contents, Search, and Index tabs.) It only allowed a user to type in a keyword for the topics to display. So, after quite a bit of troubleshooting, I deleted the custom window and just used the default window. I recompiled the project, and the navigation pane appeared with all of the three correct tabs. However, evertime I select a topic under the Contents tab, this HTML Help Author Message appears:

"The window name "AutoSPRINK VR 6" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified."

"AutoSPRINK VR 6" was the custom window I deleted, but I didn't think that would make a difference. It does go to the topic, but only after I click OK twice on the message dialog box. This occurs each time I select a different topic. This doesn't happen when I select a reference link.

How can I get rid of this message dialog? It's annoying for a user to have that message pop up everytime they select a topic.

Felnic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2006 Aug 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felnic,

This was a bug a long time ago and I haven't heard about it in newer versions but apparently it is still there. From your TOC right click on a topic, open Properties, and Open the Advanced page. From there, select a window. When you deleted your window definition, RoboHelp didn't clean it up in the TOC. The same thing happens if you change the window name. As far as I know, you have to manually change each topic.

By the way, what version of RobpHelp are you using?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2006 Sep 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi John,

I'm using version 5.0.2. I actually did actually what you mentioned. I clicked on the Advcanced tab in the Properties menu and chose the Default window for each topic in the TOC. I can try it again, and recompile my project to see what happens.

Thanks!

Felnic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp