1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2012 12:15 PM by Curt Y

cs6 Bridge will not open files in Photoshop cs6, get error message pasted below

banzoo

Windows cannot find C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Photoshop.exe

I installed Photoshop CS6 Upgrade (64bit and 32Bit) to my PC which ran CS5 Extended.  When I deleted CS5, Bridge

stopped opening files, whether I double clicked on the file or did Open with:  I get the same error message.

• 1. Re: cs6 Bridge will not open files in Photoshop cs6, get error message pasted below
          Curt Y Level 7

By uninstalling CS5 you have corrupted file associations.  THey want to open in CS5 now and it is not on machine.

You can either unistall CS6, do a script cleaner, and reinstall.

Or you can change an entry in the registry.  Here is instructions from a previous post.

I installed Photoshop CS6, then found CS5 was still there. I thought, hey, I don't need CS5 anymore, so I uninstalled CS5. then I found out that Photoshop was no longer available in 'Open with' when right-clicking an image...

So I went into the Registry, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\open\command, and changed the (Default) from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1" (so changed CS5 to CS6) - and now I see 'Adobe Photoshop CS6' in my 'Open with' list when right-clicking an image...