3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2012 7:51 PM by Liam Dilley

Username in web apps

Turiiya

Hi, I am making a recipe app allowing users to upload their own recipes. How can I display their username alongside their uploaded recipes?

• 1. Re: Username in web apps
          Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When they submit the web app item you will need a custom field for their name. You can pre-populate this and hide this from the person who is logged in and submitting a recipe but use the modules for either their name or username that are availible when you are logged in.

• 2. Re: Username in web apps
            Turiiya Level 1

Hi,

I don't quite understand what you mean by "You can pre-populate this and hide this from the person who is logged in and submitting a recipe but use the modules for either their name or

username that are availible when you are logged in.".

I find it not so hard to make costume fields for the recipes and they are working perfectly. Users can make uploads and they could be displayed on a page. My biggest puzzle is, I can't find any tag or module to use allowing me to insert their username. I wish there is a way for me to use any tag or module that would carry their LOGIN USERNAME right into the recipe apps without letting them use another name when they make uploads.

• 3. Re: Username in web apps
              Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You make a web app custom field for username.

When they log in and go to add a reciepe and you have your web app item submission form you will have that custom field input on the form.

Set the value of that to value="{module_fullname}"

Ideally a username should be an email or you can run into a few issues with usernames being the same and you do not want to show their username as it is one step to knowing that persons login details anway.

If you just want a nickname you can make a custom CRM field and set that as the input value when logged in... Lots of options.

Basically your storing a value based on the modules availible when someone is logged in into an input field of the web app item

http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/kb/modules-quick-reference.html#id_17279