7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2008 9:33 PM by kglad

GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!

funnibunni
      Can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me with this. GoDaddy says it's an Adobe issue, Adobe says it's a GoDaddy issue, meanwhile I've been to every script forum, tutorial, help site on the net....to no avail.

Basically:

I have a flash template with a "Contact me" form email page. My website is hosted on GoDaddy with Windows and they use some file gdform.asp to send the email somehow.

I have no idea how it works, I have 0 experience with this.

I know I need a script to place in the action panel for the "send" button, and NO ONE has been able to help with this...plus every help site, tutorial, forum, etc only shows how to do this through Dreamweaver, which does me no good since my site is flash..

Could someone please tell me what to put for my submit button so it sends me an email, possibly something I can copy/paste. I've spent 6 days trying to accomplish this.

My website is: www.ItsREEL.com

Currently, the "send" button has the following in the action panel (i put the itsreel and gdform in there trying to piece together what different sites said to do:

on (rollOver) {
      this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
      }
      on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
      this.gotoAndPlay("s2");
      }

on (release) {
      for (i=1; i<_parent.fields_descriptions.length; i++) {
      if (_parent[_parent.fields_descriptions [1]]!=undefined) {
      this[_parent.fields_descriptions
      [1]]=_parent[_parent.fields_descriptions [1]]+"&777&"+_parent.fields_descriptions[2];
      }

}

this.recipient=_parent.info@ItsREEL.com;
      i=undefined;
      getURL("contact."+gdform.asp, "_blank", "POST");

}

Below is the gdform.asp code.

Here's a link to some jargon about asp on godaddy, of which i have no idea what it means.

http://help.godaddy.com/article/512

My site also seems to open some funny page after hitting the send button, on top of not working. Not sure if it's related.

Seriously, any information would be so greatly appreciated. I am a single mother, and I am at my limit in time-spent and frustration trying to solve this.

Warmest Regards,
      Angel
      New Orleans, LA

• 1. Re: GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          godaddy must have an example of an html form that uses their emailer. show the html code for that form using the attach code option in this forum.
          • 2. GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!
            funnibunni Level 1
            This is the code I found on the following help page at GoDaddy:

http://help.godaddy.com/article/512

"To use the ASP form-mailer, create a Web form in HTML that links to our ASP script and upload it to your hosting account.

Remember to specify the email address you want to use with the form-mailer in your account manager. For more information, see Specifying an Email Address for the ASP Form-Mailer.

To Use the ASP Form-Mailer
            Create your Web form as normal and assign unique names to your form items.
            NOTE: Keep in mind that our form-mailer script will sort the names of your form items alphabetically when it composes the email message. This is the order of precedence: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers."

If you can help me with this, I would be soooooo grateful, this is a tremendous issue in my life right now. If you need anything else, please just say the word. If you can help, and it works, if you have an old photo (scanned) that needs restoring, I'll gladly do it free.....it's a specialty of mine, digital image manipulation.

• 3. Re: GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!
              after following these directions: Remember to specify the email address you want to use with the form-mailer in your account manager. For more information, see Specifying an Email Address for the ASP Form-Mailer.

you can use the following code (attached to a frame) in flash to send email

sendLV=new LoadVars();
              receiveLV=new LoadVars();
              receiveLV.onLoad=function(){
              // do whatever, your email has been sent
              }

yourSubmitBtn.onRelease=function(){ // <- give your button an instance name
              sendLV.FirstName=whatever; <- use the data your user entered
              sendLV.LastName=whateverelse;
              sendLV.email=stuff;
              sendLV.comments=otherstuff;
              sendLV.sendAndLoad("gdform.asp",receiveLV,"POST");
              }
              • 4. Re: GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!
                funnibunni Level 1
                Here's what i put in:

sendLV=new LoadVars();
                // Your email has been sent
                }
                yourSubmitBtn.onRelease=function(arr1_main25){ //
                sendLV.Name=Name; <- use the data your user entered
                sendLV.email=Email;
                sendLV.comments=Message;
                }

And unfortunately, here's the errors I got back when i ran "script assist" button, which i believe checks a script for errors.......any suggestions?:

• 5. Re: GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!
                  funnibunni Level 1
                  Also, when I "publish" I get these errors:

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 1: Statement must appear within on/onClipEvent handler
                  sendLV=new LoadVars();

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 2: Statement must appear within on/onClipEvent handler

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 3: Statement must appear within on/onClipEvent handler

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 7: Unexpected '<' encountered
                  sendLV.Name=Name; <- use the data your user entered

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 6: Statement must appear within on/onClipEvent handler
                  yourSubmitBtn.onRelease=function(arr1_main25){ //

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 8: Statement must appear within on/onClipEvent handler
                  sendLV.email=Email;

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 9: Statement must appear within on/onClipEvent handler
                  sendLV.comments=Message;

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 10: Statement must appear within on/onClipEvent handler

**Error** Symbol=text fields, layer=Layer 3, frame=1:Line 11: Unexpected '}' encountered
                  }

Total ActionScript Errors: 9 Reported Errors: 9

• 6. Re: GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!
                    funnibunni Level 1
                    But I don't need all the errors addressed, just the send button on the email form.
                    • 7. Re: GoDaddy ASP emailer form HELP, Please!
                      try it again: