3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2012 7:58 PM by Noel Carboni

Installing Photoshop CS5 on  new PC

dvo_photo

I have a student edition of CS5 Extended. I have been running it on a linux ubuntu system with virtural box 32 bit only. I happy to announce I now have a new PC with windows 7 with an upgrade to windows 8 that I can purchase. I was wondering since I will now be able to use the 64 bit phpotoshop on my new system what is the precedure to get my serial number for my new PC? I do not know where I saved it. I still have the disk nd the boxWhen I install it tomorrow (Monday Oct 22) Also Should I upgrade to CS5.5?

Thank you for your help

Diana

• 1. Re: Installing Photoshop CS5 on  new PC
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The serial number should be on the DVD case.

If not, did you register CS5 with Adobe? If so, you can log in to your Adobe account and retrieve it there.

If not, try running the Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Re: upgrading - the current version is CS6.

You can download the free trial version of CS6 from the Adobe website and try it out for 30 days to see if you like it. If not, you can uninstall it and continue using CS5.

• 2. Re: Installing Photoshop CS5 on  new PC
            dvo_photo Level 1

I ordered my product from Journey Ed web site. student edition I thought I registered it with Adobe but cannot find itthe link for passwords. I found the orders history but since I don't purchase it from the Adobe site well of course it wouldn't be there.

Thank you

Diana

• 3. Re: Installing Photoshop CS5 on  new PC
              Noel Carboni Level 8

If you actually registered it with Adobe, it might be listed in the My Products section, which is nearby but not the same as My Orders.  It's worth a look.

MyProducts.png

If you truly have lost your serial number utterly and completely, you may be out of luck, though I would certainly try calling Adobe customer support and appealing to them humbly. 

It's really no different than losing a $100 bill.  Possession and protection of information can be just as important as with physical things.  Most folks make media backups of things they purchase and write the serial number et. al. down on the media or on the case.

-Noel