11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 4:28 PM by kishoreda

Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound

kishoreda

gentlemen

Adobe CS4 AE

my footage 1080p 24fps

all green screen

after adding all effects and etc i sent it to "Render Queue"

My first file , which was windows AVI with size of 28gb sounded great(a 4 mins song)

I turned it to DVD  works fine

Then I wanted to createanother version for YouTube, I searched the forums pretty much I did not find any useful topic, beside one member saying to use Adobe Encoder to have it ready for the web,since all my work is done in HD I wanted to make an HD version of the video, so I selected Mpeg2 Blue Ray, it rendered fine, the size of the file is 480mb which is cool and the quality is still wow and plays smooth and full of quality, but there is NO sound

YES I checked the audio under output module

Any help will be appreciated .

• 1. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Are mpeg2 files for Blu-Ray supposed to have muxed audio?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Dave said, authoring formats produce separate audio files as you're supposed to assemble that stuff in Encore.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
              kishoreda Level 1

Many thanks Mylenium and Dave

See I was trying trick AE CS4 but looks like it was too smart and didnt take it

I know 100s of members hates this question, but honestly I didnt find the answer anywhere in the forums

Anotherwords , what the best way to create a YouTube version of my song,

so let's say if you were me and had 1080p 24fps footage , which templets or preset or setting you would use to play your video in HD.on YouTube

I promise once I get the right answer I will post it on my wall , so I will never forget

Many thanks

• 4. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
                Jonas Hummelstrand Level 2

Check what YouTube recommends for uploads and follow those specifications. Blu-ray MPEG-4 is a very specific format and I doubt that it is optimal for YouTube.

• 5. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
                  Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

YouTube will happily accept any bog standard H.264/ MP4 with embedded audio. No need to use anything more specific than that.

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
                    kishoreda Level 1

Many thanks Jonas

here is what YouTube recommends

Supported YouTube formats

YouTube supports a wide variety of the range of video and audio formats in use. You can get a quick overview of what may be an issue with your video's formatting by taking a look at the warnings and error messages that we communicate to you while you're uploading your video.

Here is a list of some well-known formats that YouTube supports:

• WebM files - Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codecs
                    • .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - Typically supporting h264, mpeg4 video codecs, and AAC audio codec
                    • .AVI - Many cameras output this format - typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM
                    • .MPEGPS - Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio
                    • .WMV
                    • .FLV - Adobe-FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio

And here is the link

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55744

but see my original video or files are in HD and I wanna have my video in HD, but I am not sure , which of the above formats under which preset I can find.

But if you know please hint

• 7. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound

All those codecs support HD (if you by "HD" mean 1920x1080 or 1280x720.)

I'm AFK but I believe there's a H.264 preset. I'd raise the bitrate and check that the audio settings match YouTube's recommendation.

• 8. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
                        kishoreda Level 1

Thanks Mylenium and Jonas

I am gonna try what you guys advised I am sure I am gonna get a good result , I ll keep you posted , you guys are great.

• 9. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
                          kishoreda Level 1

Windows 7Ultimate

Adobe CS4 AE

Project a 4 mins song 1920x1080 (1080p 24fps)

Ok buddies I tried two different ways of rendering my project

1. Is that I've chosen H264 with mpeg4

and the second was Quicktime with some of its preset

Now the video and audio plays but there is a little problem with audio is not fully syncing with video in both cases audio is a bit off sync with the video

Hey Mylenium and Jonas I do know that both of you trying to help, but since i am bit new with AE CS4 , can you  guy plz be a more specific and tell me where to go and solve this issue , I will be very thankful to you I mean step by step , hopefully i am not asking for too much .

• 10. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound

I'm guessing your disk isn't fast enough to play your video, which is why it looks to be out of sync. If it is correct in AE, it is also correct on disk.

• 11. Re: Mpeg2 Blue Ray no sound
                              kishoreda Level 1

Thnaks everyone for helping me here , the answer was si simple , even in premiere forums many members ask this question, but as far as I remember, no one ever gave him a solid or simple answer, I figured it out by hint from Mylenium, Jonas and Dave

here its something that at least worked or solved my issue

1. QuickTime for format

2.Then I selected MPEG-4-Video

3 since my footage was 1080p, I checked "stretch" and I put 1280x720

The reason I did this , was because 1080p 24fps with loads of effect most PCs cannot handle that heavy of footage, that's why I believe I had the sycing problem as he mentioned .

I rendered it , it was beautiful without and problem.

But one thing that Mylenium said "I'm AFK but I believe there's a H.264 preset. I'd raise the bitrate and check that the audio settings match YouTube's recommendation.

I didnt understand what he meant by that