0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 6:29 PM by Taft24

How can I maintain the field tweaks done in Acrobat should I need to change the artwork?

Taft24

I just watched the videos about the form field features of InDesign, and I was excited - until I thought of this problem. What if you change the artwork? Won't you have to redo any Acrobat tweaks you made to your fields? (such as calculations, default values, character limits, rich text formatting, comb of # characters)

Before CS6, when the fields were built and saved in the Acrobat file, you'd simply replace the page behind the fields and all the settings stayed the same.

If I'm making a multi-page form, with dozens of fields, and all I want to do is change a quick spelling error or something, with CS6 and these new features, I'd fix it in Indesign, export, and have to redo all the acrobat field tweaks over again, thereby making this field function in Indesign useless for any piece that needs regular updating.

I really hope I'm wrong. Can you think of a solution for this? How can I maintain the field tweaks done in Acrobat should I need to change the artwork?

Otherwise I'm forced to keep making fields in Acrobat, which is still a huge pain anytime I update the artwork layout and have to shift fields around to match.