2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 3:20 PM by Prizm4

Mouse wheel zoom on timeline is too aggressive

Prizm4 Level 1

When using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of the timeline, I'm finding it zooms way too much. With two notches of the wheel I've gone from absolute zoom-out to maximum zoom in. It's way too harsh to be of any use. On the odd occasion if I have a clip selected and use the mouse wheel zoom, it'll actually zoom in properly giving me a number of zoom levels - but this behaviour seems to occur at random. If I de-select the clip and select it again, the zoom goes back to about two levels max. It's like the zoom process is buggy.

Does anyone have any feedback or solutions on this?

• 1. Re: Mouse wheel zoom on timeline is too aggressive
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your operating system has settings for how sensitive your mouse controls are.

Although, technically, the mouse wheel should not zoom in and out of your timeline in Premiere Elements. That's a function of the + and - keys. Moving your mouse wheel should scrub down your timeline.

Are you sure you're talking about Premiere Elements? And, if so, what operating system are you working on?

• 2. Re: Mouse wheel zoom on timeline is too aggressive
            Prizm4 Level 1

If you hold down ALT+mouse wheel you can zoom in and out of the timeline. That's how it works in Premiere Pro. The zoom follows the mouse cursor, so I find it quicker to point the mouse where I want and use the wheel.

I don't think the Windows mouse wheel settings will help when now and again (unpredictably) Elements will zoom at a rate similar to Premiere Pro which is fine. But most of the time it doesn't: two notches of the wheel and I'm at max zoom.