4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2006 12:12 PM by duckets

Editing Director application

Jadess
      Hello once again!

What is the most effective way of deleting parts of the movie created in Director?
      I have an interview (designed in a movie format) which has 5 chapters. I need to delete the second and the forth chapter completely. Is there any way to do it other then deleting every sprite?

Thank you very much for the help!!!!!

Jadess.
        • 1. Re: Editing Director application
          duckets Level 1
          You can select groups of sprites in the score window, by clicking and dragging out a rectangle around the sprites you want to select. To do this, you must make sure that you start dragging in an empty cell.

You can then hit delete to delete the group of selected sprites.

Is this what you're looking for?

- Ben
          • 2. Re: Editing Director application
            Jadess Level 1
            Hmmm...
            Not really, I guess...
            What I need is to delete somehow the whole chapter of the interview, which is long and consists of many different short and long sprites and marekers... is it possible at all?
            • 3. Re: Editing Director application
              Level 7
              On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:28:17 GMT, Jadess posted in
              macromedia.director.basics:

> What I need is to delete somehow the whole chapter of the interview,
              > which is long and consists of many different short and long sprites and
              > marekers... is it possible at all?

I think you're asking about deleting a bunch of frames in the score, right?
              (Chapter is not a Director term, so you're keeping us guessing here)

If so...
              1. Select any sprite in the score. (say in frame 10)
              2. Hold down Shift key and select the last frame (say frame 20) in the grey
              bar of the score that shows the frame numbers.
              3. The frames should all be hilighted now.
              4. Hit delete

You can also double-click the frame number bar and drag to make the
              selection. Or double-click then shift-click.

--
              Mark A. Boyd
              Keep-On-Learnin' :)
              • 4. Re: Editing Director application
                duckets Level 1
                Double click on the frame bar running through the score (the grey bar with frame numbers on), but - on the 2nd click, keep the button down, then drag to select the range of frames to delete.

You can also add/remove frames with ctrl + [ and ctrl + ]

- Ben