5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2008 10:42 AM by TheMarcus7

Changing the User Dictionary

AdamXT
      Our department has just upgraded from RoboHelp 5 to Robohelp HTML 7.01.001 (as part of the Technical Communication Suite), and I'm trying to find a way to bring my old version 5 user dictionary into RoboHelp 7.

There doesn't seem to be any way to select a user dictionary in version 7, the online help doesn't provide any instructions, and I can't find any obvious dictionary files in either my Program Files or Documents and Settings folders.

Please, oh please, tell me I don't have to recreate the dictionary for version 7!
        • 1. Re: Changing the User Dictionary
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi AdamXT. I haven't got RH7 here but is there not a Spelling Options menu item off the Tools menu? There is a Dictionaries tab that you can use to maintain your dictionaries.
          • 2. Re: Changing the User Dictionary
            AdamXT2 Level 1
            That tab does exist in RoboHelp 5, but not in RoboHelp 7...the Spelling Options dialog is still there but the Dictionaries tab is gone.

I know that RoboHelp 5 stored my personal dictionary in a file called Personal Dictionary.tlx, within an eHelp folder. RoboHelp 7 does not appear to have this folder or any similar file.

It almost looks like the ability to juggle personal dictionaries has been deliberately removed.
            • 3. Re: Changing the User Dictionary
              AdamXT2 Level 1
              I think I've found where RoboHelp 7 stores its personal dictionary...in a file called "added.clam".

I have a sneaking suspicion that they've upgraded their dictionary system to support unicode, so it isn't possible to just swap the .clam file for the old .tlx file.

In the RoboHelp 7 Spelling Options dialog there is a User Dictionary "Modify" option which allows you to add and remove personal dictionary entries...one at a time.

If RoboHelp 7 doesn't provide an easier way for doing this then I'm shocked. But then, quite a few things about RoboHelp 7 leave me in a state of apalled shock. :)

I hope somebody out there has found a better way to move a dictionary between 5 and 7!
              • 4. Re: Changing the User Dictionary
                Pet3689 Level 1
                Adam,

where exactly (in which folder) did you find "added.clam" for RoboHelp 7 HTML?

I cannot find it anywhere...
                • 5. Re: Changing the User Dictionary
                  TheMarcus7
                  /bump

I'm in a similar boat. Is there a solution?

.MW