clips have been trimmed but not recoded
Try working with the original, unaltered media.
Unfortunaltely, this is not possible. Especially in the case of the VLC screen recording, because that is already the original.
A follow up question to that: The person who sends me the VLC screen recordings told me that he can adjust the following parameters. Which of those (if any) can help fix that problem?
* keyint=<number of frames> allows to set the maximal amount of frames between 2 key frames;
* idrint=<number of frames> allows to set the maximal amount of frames between 2 IDR frames;
* bframes=<amount of frames> allows to set the amount of B frames between an I and a P frame;
* qp=<quantizer parameter> allows to specify a fixed quantizer (between 1 and 51);
* qp-max=<quantizer parameter> allows to set the maximum value for the quantizer;
* qp-min=<quantizer parameter> allows to set the minimum value for the quantizer;
* cabac enables the CABAC (Context-Adaptive Binary Arithmetic Coding) algorithm (slower, but enhances quality);
* loopfilter enables deblocking loop filter;
* analyse enables the analyze mode;
* frameref=<amount of frames> allows to set the number of previous frames used as predictors;
* scenecut=<sensibility> allows to control how aggressively the encoder should insert extra I-frame, on scene change.