1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2008 12:50 PM by clyde.boyer

Flex Builder 3 Installation

Tyler_Beck
      I just finished downloading Flex Builder 3 for OS X... After mounting all the disk images, and opening the installer, nothing happened!

Fix: Copy the installer to your hard drive!
        • 1. Re: Flex Builder 3 Installation
          clyde.boyer
          Hey Tyler,

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know why, but your advice worked. It's as if the installer doesn't recognize the application unless you drag it and copy it onto your desktop (hard drive). I downloaded and ran from the installer to no avail. I'm running on Mac OSX Leopard. I don't know if you're issue was on Windows.

Your advice was a lifesaver. I spent an hour on the phone with tech support (don't get me started) to only have them tell me that they can't solve my problem over the phone and that I had to submit a support case via the support portal. I get to the support portal and the system doesn't recognize my recent purchase, so i can't create a support case. I try looking for a link to create a general support case...find a link...click on it...and it loads a page not found error. Don't get me wrong. I love Adobe products. i don't think they're a money grubbing company. They're just a product company, nothing more. nothing less.

But, man, did they screw the pooch on this release.