4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 12:54 AM by Karwan Mawlood

Deleting specific rows in a table

Dan Bichener

Hi

I have a dynamic table with add and delete buttons for rows. The add button works fine as it just duplicates the table row directly below but I am struggling with the delete button. Using TableReview.Row1.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.index); deletes the first instance in the table and TableReview.Row1.instanceManager.removeInstance(1); deletes the second instance in the table.

I need something that will allow me to delete secific rows (i.e. the one with the delete button on).

Any help would be grately appreciated.

• 1. Re: Deleting specific rows in a table
          Greig at Lands Level 1

Hi Dan,

One way I do this is put a column in my table to contain a delete button, which would then appear for each row. I then add, on Javascript click, the line "rowname.removeInstance(this.parent.index);".

Does this work for you?

Cheers,

Greig

• 2. Re: Deleting specific rows in a table
            Dan Bichener Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your response but as I stated in the question, that script does not work as it only deletes the first instance in the table. I need to be able to delete specific rows that have been created with the add button, obviously these rows will all have the same name as they are duplicates.

• 3. Re: Deleting specific rows in a table
              Greig at Lands Level 1

Hi Dan,

I think we may be talking at cross-purposes. If you look at the image below you will see that I have put a delete button at the end of each row. This delete button will delete the row that it is on, using the code that I put in the previous email.

form_delete_row.jpg

You could try something like:

"form1.page1.Transfer.Body.NativeTitle.NativeTitleChecked.NTtableRowButtons.RemoveNTtableR ow::click - (JavaScript, client)
              // nNumRow is used to calculate the number of rows contained in Transfer.Header.ClientData.ApplicantData.
              var nNumRow = 0;

// nTableLength stores the number of XML elements contained in Transfer.Header.ClientData.ApplicantData.
              var nTableLength = page1.Transfer.Body.NativeTitle.NativeTitleData.NativeTitleCheckDetails.nodes.length;

// This script uses a For loop to cycle through all of the XML elements
              // contained in Transfer.Header.ClientData.ApplicantData.
              for (var nCount = 0; nCount < nTableLength; nCount ++) {

// If the current XML element in Transfer.Header.ClientData.ApplicantData is of type subform, and it
              // is not a header row, then increment the variable nNumRow by one.
              // If the table included a footer row, this script would have to
              // account for that.
              //
              // Note: In the Adobe XML Form Object Model, all table rows are
              // considered subform objects.
              if ((page1.Transfer.Body.NativeTitle.NativeTitleData.NativeTitleCheckDetails.nodes.item(nCou nt).className == "subform") & (page1.Transfer.Body.NativeTitle.NativeTitleData.NativeTitleCheckDetails.nodes.item(nCoun t).name !== "HeaderRow")) {
                nNumRow = nNumRow + 1;
              }
              }

// The Adobe XML Form Object Model uses a zero-based indexing system
              // for referencing objects. In this script, the variable nNumRow represents
              // the exact number of rows contained in Transfer.Header.ClientData.ApplicantData. To convert this to a usable
              // index value, the script subtracts one.
              nNumRow = nNumRow - 1;

// An if-else statement is used to prevent form fillers from removing
              // the single remaining row from a table.
              if (nNumRow < 1) {
              xfa.host.messageBox("The minimum allowable number of rows is 1. You cannot remove any more rows.", "Warning", 3);
              }
              else {

// This script uses the removeInstance() method to remove the last
              // instance of the ApplicantOther object (represented by nNumRow) contained
              // in Transfer.Header.ClientData.ApplicantData.
              page1.Transfer.Body.NativeTitle.NativeTitleData.NativeTitleCheckDetails.NTClaimInfo.insta nceManager.removeInstance(nNumRow);
              }"

You will have to adapt it to suit your circumstances. It is code that I picked up from elsewhere on these forums and adapted for my own use.

Good luck,

Greig

• 4. Re: Deleting specific rows in a table
                Karwan Mawlood Level 1

var rownum = this.parent.parent.index;

TableReview.Row1.instanceManager.removeInstance(rownum);

add above code to the button on click action.