6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 11:16 AM by the_wine_snob

Photoshop CS6: I Thought ALL Tools Were Supposed To Be Remembered On Next Launch

Page D

I've noticed some odd behaviour with Photoshop CS6. If I select either the Elliptical Marquee tool, the Single Row Marquee tool or the Single Column Marquee tool, then select the Move tool prior to closing Photoshop, upon next launch, no tool is highlighted in the Tool Panel at all, and the top row of options show the Rectangular Marquee tool options.

If, on the other hand, I select the Rectangular Marquee tool, then select the Move tool prior to closing Photoshop, upon next launch, the Rectangular Marquee tool is selected in the Tool Panel, and the top row of options show the Rectangular Marquee tool options.

Every other tool is remembered on relaunch. i.e., if I have the Clone Stamp tool selected prior to closing Photoshop, then the Clone Stamp tool will be the selected tool upon next relaunch.

It is not a huge issue, as you can understand: if I want a particular tool, I simply select that tool, but I thought that Photoshop was supposed to always remember the tool you were last using prior to closing Photoshop, and the same tool would be the selected tool upon the next relaunch.

I've tried resetting all tools but it still behaves in this way. Is it a bug which everyone is experiencing, but hardly anyone else has yet noticed? Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Windows XP.