6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 10:48 AM by Noel Carboni

Cmd-0 'Fit to screen' in CS5 not working correctly

Alisamiller36

I am running Photoshop CS5, and when I am use cmd-0 (fir to screen) the window reduces to the tiniest speck

Any ideas as to how to get rid of this problem?

Cheers

LisaMill

• 1. Re: Cmd-0 'Fit to screen' in CS5 not working correctly
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Boilerplate-text:

Does turning off OpenGL in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

• 2. Re: Cmd-0 'Fit to screen' in CS5 not working correctly
            Alisamiller36 Level 1

Thankss for that - will see if it solves the problem

What was strange was that it was only happening to one of several open documents??

• 3. Re: Cmd-0 'Fit to screen' in CS5 not working correctly
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I use floating windows. The only thing I notice that is different between CS6 and previous version is the document display area aspect ratios are different.

Previous versions of Photoshop sized the document display area to have be the same aspect ratio as the document where CS6 document display area has a different aspect ratio then the document.

The CS6 document area is very close to the document's aspect ratio it just a single pixel narrower and a pixel shorter then it needs to be to match the document's aspect ratio. That means document does not fit into the area perfectly. There needs to be active scroll bar for the whole document is not being displayed.

It is easy to see this. Just do a select all you will not see marching ants on the left or top of the document. You will see them on the right and bottom sides of the document. Select the move tool tap the right arrow key once and the down arrow key once the right and bottom side marching ants will now not be visible but the left and top side marching ants will be visible.

Photoshop CS6 window zooming does the same the display area is off by the same amount one pixel narrow one pixel short.

• 4. Re: Cmd-0 'Fit to screen' in CS5 not working correctly
                Noel Carboni Level 8

Mac?  If so, how do you have your Window - Application Frame setting?  Is it enabled?  Try disabling it.

-Noel

• 5. Re: Cmd-0 'Fit to screen' in CS5 not working correctly
                  JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Noel I'm a windows user thought application framing was a Mac setting can't seem to find one is windows. Is there a setting in the PC version for that I don't see one in general or interface.

Oh I see you wrote Mac I thought you were calling me Mac I answer to that name too.

Everyone called my farther MACK...

PC CS6 display areas are off.... except on Open.

• 6. Re: Cmd-0 'Fit to screen' in CS5 not working correctly
                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Sorry for being terse.  By my 1 word sentence "Mac?" I was asking the question, "Alisa, do you use a Mac?"

The Application Frame is always on in Windows.

But notably, if you push the bottom of the Photoshop main window up to where it's very short (ending just below the options bar), as some Mac users are prone to do, you can see the same kinds of things Alisa reports (i.e., Fit On Screen causing the image to be displayed at e.g., 0.06% zoom).

SmallPsWindow.jpg

-Noel