Titling program

Jita238

Do adobe premier pro have a titling program

• 1. Re: Titling program
          videoarsim Level 1

Yes, it does have titling program:"TITLER"

• 2. Re: Titling program
            Steven L. Gotz Level 5

LOL. Yes, that seems to be the name. Basically, you just use the menu to create a new title. It comes with lots of templates to get you started.

• 3. Re: Titling program
              the_wine_snob Level 9

As has been stated, PrPro has a very useful, and feature-packed sub-app, Titler. This Adobe TV Tutorial, http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs6/creating-and-editing-titles/, might be helpful at getting familiar with Titler.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Titling program
                videoarsim Level 1

Sorry, gentlemen, for my kind of sarcasm in first response. I didn't expect this kind of question in premiere PRO forums. It is odd that somebody start using pro product and don't know simple things around. When I start , first, I learn about program and after that dived in to it ( it was CS3).

ART

• 5. Re: Titling program
                  Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Art,

I look at it this way. I am reasonably proficient with Premiere Pro. However, now and then I wander into the Dreamweaver forum and ask a basic question. The problem is that sometimes we don't have the right words to search for what we want to know. And sometimes people come in to ask a question prior to ever opening the package. Without knowing who is asking, it is difficult to know exactly how to answer. Since this was posted as the very first post for this user, it is likely that what they needed was to be pointed to tutorials like Lynda.com or the free ones at creativecow.net. Or maybe just to an Adobe page that shows off what Premiere Pro can do.

• 6. Re: Titling program
                    Jita238 Level 1

Thank you for your apology and it is accepted. My question was derived not from having already owned the product. But from a desire to switch from Sony Vegas Pro to Adobe Premier. The adobe website for adobe premier under features list other things that premier can do, except for a titler. I am coming from using New Blue Titler in Sony Vegas that is something that they high light as a selling point. I did not see that in adobe premier.

Your sarcasm did not discourage me from considering the switch.

Thank you and hopefully we will communicate more on this forum.

Sent from my iPad

• 7. Re: Titling program
                      videoarsim Level 1

@ Steven,

I agree with you 100 on this, but sometimes quick google search gives you understanding with the question what you asked for. Details? yes, that is why you, guys, profesionals or strong hobbyists, are here to ask for. Thank you, guys, for beeing her for us.

@ Jita 238

First when I seen this question, it came to my mind: Kido grabed ppro from internet, got rolling and oopss - I don't know how to write on the screen.

Sorry for my wrong understanding and welcome to the real world of editing joy with Premiere Pro. It is great program with a lot of capabilities. You are on right track. All the best.

ART

• 8. Re: Titling program
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Steven,

I am with you 100%. I find myself in the AE and AU Forums, when even simple operations are our of my normal, limited experience with those two programs. Even with the manuals (from my early versions of those two programs), and several books, plus the Help files in each (knowing the exact search word can make all the difference), I still have a need to post some questions, that are very simple to the power users in those forums. They have always been kind to me, and have answered my questions quickly. Often, I experience a real DUH! moment, and sometimes find that the answer to the question was not as simple, as they initiall seemed. Stuff just happens.

I do agree that some things should have been more obvious to me, as I normally read the manuals (good ole days), before I even installed the programs - but they were not always so clear, at least not to me.

At least with the replies, the OP got pointed in the right direction, and I hope that those replies were useful starting points. As Titler is a powerful little sub-app., and with that power, comes a bit of a learning curve. Also, some concepts, such as Instances of a Title, have proved to be a bit abstract to many new users. That was one of the things that I liked about the tutorial, to which I linked above: it mentions Instances, how to use them, and how to "get around" them, with the "Title Based on Existing Title." Some important stuff in there.

@ the OP - Good luck, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop by, and ask.

Hunt

• 9. Re: Titling program
                          Jim_Simon Level 8

what they needed was to be pointed...to an Adobe page that shows off what Premiere Pro can do.

You mean...something like the built in Help file?

• 10. Re: Titling program
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

I did not see anything wrong with your reply. It gave the OP not only the word to search for in Help, but provided an active link to the Help page.

I just expanded on your reply, with a tutorial, that I thought would be useful, beyond just the Help page. While I learn best by reading, many others benefit from seeing something done, so tutorials can be great resources.

I am always amazed at all of the tutorial resources that Ann Bens offers, and often bookmark her links, to provide them to others - not sure how she finds all that neat stuff, but kudos to her for locating them, and posting their links.

Not sure that an "apology" is necessary, but is a very nice gesture, all the same.

Hunt

• 11. Re: Titling program
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jita,

I completely understand your observation on the "sales page" for some Adobe programs. They cover some worthwhile stuff, but I often find them lacking in pithy detail and grind my teeth, when I want to link to such a page, in response to a poster's inquiry. I wish that Adobe would add at least one more page, with more technical data, but one can only do so much in a product page(s).

As I mentioned, Titler is a very powerful little tool, and has recently been improved some more. I begged for a bit more in the Alignment and Arrangement area, more like Illustrator and Photoshop, and finally got that in CS6. Obviously, I was not the only one filing those Feature Request.

Not sure about Vegas, but Titler beats similar functions in many other programs. Once, Premiere (pre-Pro days) used a 3rd party solution, included, Title DEKO, that was useful, but lacked ultimate power. That was replaced with what we know as Titler in about Pr 6.0, and Titler has matured nicely over the versions. [Now, if Adobe would bring back PRTL's... ]

Good luck, and hope that got enough info to help you make the decision. While I love PrPro, and think that it's a great NLE, it might not be a perfect fit for everyone. Nice to see you doing your due diligence, before purchase.

Hunt

PS - Please forgive my poor manners - Welcome to the forum!

• 12. Re: Titling program
                                SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Bill,

Maybe you already know this, but you CAN still export titles for use in other projects, though perhaps not as simple as before

Thanks

Jeff

• 13. Re: Titling program
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

Yes, but I guess that I am an "old dog," so "new tricks" come at a price to me...

Thanks,

Hunt

• 14. Re: Titling program
                                    Steven L. Gotz Level 5

@Jim,

No, I meant there should probably be something like this only covering the entire product, not just what's new. I figure ten minutes ought to allow for a complete overview if it even takes that long: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-video/overview-of-adobe-prem iere-pro-cs6/

You know how you see new car videos? They don't just talk about what is new since the last model year, they point out all of the bells and whistles.

• 15. Re: Titling program
                                      Felix CL Level 3

the adobe.tv show "learn premiere pro cs6" looks like this:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-premiere-pro-cs6/

episode1: What is Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

episode2: Creating and editing titles

--

and keep smiling

• 16. Re: Titling program
                                        Jim_Simon Level 8

I meant there should probably be something...covering the entire product

There is... the Help file.

• 17. Re: Titling program
                                          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

@Jim,

Oh, come on, you know better! Nobody reads the help file to figure out what the product is all about before buying it.

Felix got it right. That was what I was looking for. A video where all we had to do for the original poster was to say "Yes. Look here - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs6/what-is-adobe-premiere-pro-cs6/ and then the next one too! "

A nice, short, summary of what the program is and what it can do. Simple. And anyone at all curious could just keep watching the rest of the videos and really get a head start learning the product.

@Felix

That's the ticket. Exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

It sure is a good thing I got paid all that money over the years for the tutorials I did for Lynda.com because the amount of very high quality - free - tutorials available now is almost overwhelming.