• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with authorizing ADE 2.0 (Mac OSX)

Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to authorize an ADOBE DRM EPUB ebook that I purchased from Kobo, as it has been showing up blank on my Kobo ereader. I downloaded ADE 2.0 as recommended by Kobo, but upon trying to authorize my computer, I get this error message:

Activation Server error - code - E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED
Digital Editions encounter an error on the activation server

I am using my iMac, running Mac OSX 10. 5. 8 

I have now spent 3 days trying to figure out HOW to read this book on my ereader, and Kobo wasn't a lot of help. Frustration has begun to set in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't had to do this with any other ebooks I have purchased (and they are all ADOBE DRM EPUB files), so I'm not really sure what I am doing... or why I have to do it with this one.

UPDATED TO ADD:  I assume that the ebook vendor for Kobo is Adobe ID? Or should I be selecting another from the list? Kobo itself isn't in there, but I assume because they use Adobe DRM epub that Adobe ID is the vendor.... Just wondering if this would make a difference in the authorization.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And the authorization worked on my husbands Windows laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines