• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with images disappearing from project

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inserted a number of images into my Robohelp 9 project topics using the Insert >> Image function.  Typically the images were stored on my hard drive on my pc, but some I pulled from a shared network drive that were prepared by other people.  They seemed to load into the project OK.  I had them grouped in a about 5 different robohelp folders to keep them organized so after I would insert, complete my topic and save.  I would move the images to their respective folder.  This was fine for a while,  I had no problems generating printed .pdf documentation, making changes to my topics, etc.  But now the images keep disappearing from the Robohelp folder structure and the printed documentation.  I can see the images when I open up and view the topics.  I can also see them when I look out onto the drive on the computer.  However, they do not show up in the Robohelp  Project Manager and are not included in my printed output.  I keep re-inserting them, but they continue to disappear. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to add them to your baggage files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Certainly it won't hurt anything to add the images to baggage files, but I'd be shocked to find that solves the problem.

If an image has been used in RoboHelp, it should be present in the project. End of story. The fact they seem to be disappearing seems to suggest that maybe something has gone awry with folder naming or image naming or the project in general.

So what version and flavor of RoboHelp are you using?

RoboHelp 10, RoboHelp 9, RoboHelp 8, etc.

RoboHelp HTML, RoboHelp for Word

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought - it was worth a shot ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps this thread can help. It's only a workaround, not really a solution.

RH9 Proj Mgr not showing the images

Short story is try renaming a folder to force RH to update its database of images.

We found this had to be done each time the CPD file was deleted (which we did each time an author worked on a project, to work around other issues.)

HTH,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp