8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2012 5:41 PM by Dmitry91

Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe

Dmitry91

I did the great mistake of uninstalling  photoshop but i want to re-install it.

I thought it wasn't going to be a problem but when i clicked setup, it said initializing installer. when it was done it closed and no installer came.

On Adobe supprot advisor it said cpsid_82829s5: "Missing installation file," bootstrapper error has occurred.

I really want to install it again but i cant. and now i have no photoshop

I tried everything from restarting the computer, cleaning it with that adobe creative suite  cleaner and my computer meets all the requierments to run the software.

It was working fine before but I uninstalled it :/  and now i have this problem ^

Now i can't install any adobe product...

• 1. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We cannot know. Your post is devoid of the most important part: Some real system info. Other than that you might wanan check that:

Error "Bootstrap failed"

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
            sudarshan.t Level 6

Windows/ Mac OS? What is your hardware config? While we do understand you've mentioned your computer meets all the requirements, it's best if you could post the actual system info here like Mylenium has advised.

And from where are you running the installer? DVD or a local installation file/ image located on your hard drive?

• 3. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
              Dmitry91 Level 1

Windows 7 and on adobe support advisor shows these two:

cpsid_82829s1: "A restart is pending," bootstrapper error has occurred.

cpsid_82829s5: "Missing installation file," bootstrapper error has occurred.

I'm running the installer from a local installation file.. I don't get why it decides not to work now because before I unistalled it photoshop was working fine and I was using it however I uninstalled and now want to re install it and this problem occures...

So because of the problem i cannot install photshop only because the setup closes and doesnt do anything after..

2.0GHZ processor

2GB Ram

320GB HDD

• 4. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
                sudarshan.t Level 6

cpsid_82829s1: "A restart is pending," bootstrapper error has occurred.

cpsid_82829s5: "Missing installation file," bootstrapper error has occurred.

This can be due to various reasons. The most obvious ones being you terminated a previous install - hence a corrupt registry or a corrupt malfunctioning install already exists. Or, your installation file is corrupt. Have you installed from that local installation file earlier? Has it worked?

Solutions:

• Refer to this link for most common bootstrap errors and resolutions: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-error-messages-bootstrapper-cs5.html
                • Ensure you've closed/ terminated all existing installer processes using Task Manager
                • Run the installer as Admin (Right click, run as Administrator)
                • If none of the above works, try getting your hands on a different installer DVD or installer source file. If you're unable to find out how/ where to find the installation files, do post back and we'll fix you up with a link to one as you can no longer get CS5 directly from Adobe website

-ST

• 5. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
                  Dmitry91 Level 1

Basically it all started when I uninstalled photoshop cs5 through the adobe creative suite cleaner.

I want to re install it but this happens and yes I have used the same installation file earlier and it was working brilliant but now it doesn't.

The link you have given me, I have looked at it before but i didn't resolve the problem. I opened up taskbar and there is no existing installer running and this account is admin but I do right click run as Administrator but still nothing.

After hours on end trying to fix the problem I am very frustrated lol but please help me get the link to the installation files. 

Also photoshop cs6 doesn't even install so no adobe product can be installed....... 

My only last option is to restore/format my entire system using windows 7 DVD and changing fron 32 bit to 64, but will that help i don't know

• 6. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
                    Noel Carboni Level 8

What are you trying to install Photoshop from?

A DVD from Adobe?  A downloaded image?

Just based on what you've described so far (including the fact that for some reason you've chosen to uninstall Photoshop with the Creative Suite Cleaner tool), it sounds like you're fighting an underlying issue with your operating system, so your idea to start with a fresh OS installation may actually be the right one.

What happened that started all this?

-Noel

• 7. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
                      sudarshan.t Level 6

Noel,

The OP is using a local installation image.

Dimitry,

I guess this is to do with a corrupt system registry of some sorts - we cant figure out what it is exactly unless we have access to your computer itself.

Can you try formatting/ re-installing Windows and try installing Photoshop CS5 after that?

If you suspect the disk image and want to give it 1 last shot before you format, here's a link:

http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Follow the instructions mentioned in the link VERY carefully.

Note: The download will happen from Adobe's server only - even though Adobe doesn't list it on their site anymore, the files are still stored on their repository and that is where you will be downloading from.

• 8. Re: Problem to re-install photoshop cs5 or anything adobe
                        Dmitry91 Level 1

Thank you very much for all the help but I have restored my systen using windows 7 disk and now the installer works.

However next time if i happen to uninstall an adobe product which is the correct way?