3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2012 8:01 AM by the_wine_snob

No audio on disc

wojtek sawa Level 1

I am burning a DVD on a blue ray burner with DVD settings, I burned one disc, the sound came on only after a while during playback.  I burned another disc using identical settings and there was no sound file at all.  Is it a problem with Encore or with the blue ray burner, what can I do?

• 1. Re: No audio on disc
          Felix CL Level 3

please provide more information:

• is there audio throughout the program in your video?
          • what export settings did you use from Premiere? (especially the audio export)
          • have you tried the export preset "MPEG2-DVD"? or Dynamic Link to Encore?
          • if you exported, then imported to Encore, did you impoort the mpg and the wav as a timeline or assets?, in Encore, did you preview and hear sound?
          • did you test on a dvd player or on the computer?

--

and keep smiling

• 2. Re: No audio on disc
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with the suggestions and questions, that Felix posted, also let us know what brand of blank media you are using, and the burn speed, please.

As a test, I would Burn to Folder on your computer, and test that with a software DVD player. I like MediaPlayer Classic HC (free), and also have CyberLink's PowerDVD (paid).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: No audio on disc
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I burned one disc, the sound came on only after a while during playback.

This line caught my attention, but with the second outcome, I sort of by-passed it. However, and especially with higher-end players, and DD AC3 Audio, it can take a few seconds for the player to lock in on the Audio. For that reason, I recommend leaving about 02 sec. of silence, at the very start of the DVD. As I usually do a fade up from black (several reasons for this), I just begin my Audio within the "black." With the second outcome - no Audio - I rather doubt that this is happening, but thought it worth mentioning.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful