• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with authorizing devices with Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to authorize my computer and my Nook Simple Touch to ADE.  I get the following error:  "E_AUTH_NOT_READY Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server".  Is your server down or is the problem on my end?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You may not have deauthorized ADE 1.7.2.

If you haven't, try launching ADE 1.x and hold ctrl+shift+D keys to deauthorize.

Once you have done it, try authorizing ADE2.0.

======================

If you're still facing issues, contact technical chat support, for step by step assistance.

This issue can be resolved by deleting adept key from Windows registry.

Regards,

Yuvraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, ADE sees the Nook (in my case, a Color Nook) but will not authorize it.  I am getting the same error message.  However, in my case my old authorization was with a now-broken Mac and my new authorization is with a newish Mac 10.7.5, which does not have an old ADE on it.  Anybody have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help.   Not sure if I ever had ADE 1.7.2.... What worked for me (for what it is worth!) was to deauthorize my computer.  I opened ADE, and then held ctrl+shift+D (as recommended).  I then restarted my computer, hooked up my new Nook, opened ADE and reauthorized my computer.  ADE then allowed me to authorize my Nook.  I am now reading my e-books that I purchased for my Sony E-reader from the Sony store on my new Nook.  Many thanks to Yuvraj for the help!  Hope this helps TouristinTheCity.

Cheers!

Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines